Excalibur II Coil Replacement Nel Hunter

zerovis

Hi guys ,
Has anyone here replaced the stock Excalibur coil with a Nel Hunter Coil.
I have looked on line and cant find any comparisons,

thanks

What size and what advantage do you believe you might get over the standard coil.... which is a very good set up? I think those coils looked great, but they may have came out at a bad time .....many heard about the Nox and held off...then purchased the Nox. The machine kind of put a hurt on all sales to include coils.

I have put a Nel Attack 15 inch coil on my Blue I did not notice any xtra depth but the xtra coverage was nice. it was sensitive to small targets only drawback was it was noisier than the stock in rough water at some salt beaches.

Detech Sef 10x12"

That's what I use and I'm very happy with it. It adds a little more coverage in the water.

Attachments

• Merlin.jpg
    Merlin.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 472
What size and what advantage do you believe you might get over the standard coil.... which is a very good set up? I think those coils looked great, but they may have came out at a bad time .....many heard about the Nox and held off...then purchased the Nox. The machine kind of put a hurt on all sales to include coils.

There isnt much size advantage in the Hunter coil, it may be a bit better at discrimination, the real advantage is possibly I can buy it and fit it myself, whereas minelab don't offer the coil as after sales item, so they are going to charge me. if it wasnt for the fact that the existing coil cable is getting cracked I would most likely leave it alone.

I believe ML charge is what around $300 for a coil change..... how much you paying for the coil.... plus you have to put it on and have no way to pressure test it.... and not sure about a warranty. No they do not sell the Xcal coil..... but any Sov coil will fit it and they work perfectly also.

The nel coil is about 140 euro, I hadent considered the Sov coils , thanks for that I will have to look into that,
pity they done make the unit with connectors for swapping coils and headphones

The nel coil is about 140 euro, I hadent considered the Sov coils , thanks for that I will have to look into that,
pity they done make the unit with connectors for swapping coils and headphones

Any BBS coil will work. I have put on the Nel 15 before for someone but something that big will be tough to swing in the water. If you mod your excal, then you can put any coil you want on it. Sometimes I use a larger one than my stock coil but the stock Tornado coils are the most stable in my opinion next to the Detechs as well.

Attachments

• endcap.jpg
    endcap.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 409
When everybody abandoned their excals and ran off and bought CTX 3030s I picked them up cheap.

Any BBS coil will work. I have put on the Nel 15 before for someone but something that big will be tough to swing in the water. If you mod your excal, then you can put any coil you want on it. Sometimes I use a larger one than my stock coil but the stock Tornado coils are the most stable in my opinion next to the Detechs as well.

What kind of connector are you using and its it watertight to 20meters ,
Thats about 60 feet

What kind of connector are you using and its it watertight to 20meters ,
Thats about 60 feet

No, once you modify your Excalibur, I do not recommend diving with it at all.
Standard ip68 connectors will probably work in about 10 feet or less after that you're pushing it. Although the CTX style connectors can probably go deeper.

Back
Top Bottom