Am I nuts or what????

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
At this time KT has about 5 pounds of rotten zincolns...bank won't take em and He continues to collect them faster than He can get rid of them in change.

KT is going to make a trip to Galveston Houston area in mid-December and do some beach hunting. Contemplating taking some pint fruit jars, filling with these zincolns, inserting my MDing card with a note on the back stating....You have just recovered KingTotsalot's Zincoln stash! Good luck on getting rid of them! And bury some on the beach and some in some parks around where KT is staying.

Any other creative ideas of how to dispose of these things???? KT certainly does not want to bury them near Little Rock as people might try to return them to Him! :lol::lol:

If tumbling doesn't render them spendable then do the noble thing and build a suit of armor...

Attachments

• coin_armour_by_draconianz-d3gs6r5.jpg
    coin_armour_by_draconianz-d3gs6r5.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 400
I like the armor idea but had another thought...drill holes in em and make necklaces out of em! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

OH yes ANOTHER IDEA! The Queen does not like the bland appearance of the front porch of our house...so why not just buy some epoxy glue and glue the face up on to the concrete...make a pavement cover out of the darned things!

Maybe buy some placques at Walmart...unfinished wood ones...and glue them on there and then cover with clear coat! Then hang on the wall like trophies! Now KT really likes THAT idea!:lol::lol::lol:

I cleaned mine yesterday with vinegar and salt.(DON'T do this with any pennies you consider "good" OR your clad.)

Coinstar should take most of them now.

Attachments

• IMG_0598.jpg
    IMG_0598.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 378
do what i do and swap them out in the "leave a penny,take a penny" tray at the store :lol:

Could seed the curb strip around your house, to protect you from other MDers.

During the holidays, there are dozens of charities seeking donations. I'm sure the Salvation Army lady would be thrill if you filled her kettle, least until she looked at what you left her...

Been tempted to donate to the CMN coin jug at work, but too many people know I detect.

I like your jar idea the most too. Maybe spray paint them opaque and REALLY seal the lids. It would add to the excitement of a possible really good cache find until finally unsealed!

Thanks everyone, those are some great ideas! KT is thinking about making up 3 jars of them to leave at random spots in the Galveston area! :lol::lol: That will get rid of a few pounds of em anyway.

By the way, how long do you soak them in vinegar and salt water to get them looking that clean....and what the heck do you do with the really rotten ones...those that are really pieces of pennies, mt_vertcaver?????

roll em up and if I get down that way I will aid you in cashing them in just for the pleasure of sticking the banks with what I have been told they have to take as stated some place. One other told me it is written but put damaged on the roll. I have 3 rolls of rotten zinc myself in my dresser. When you leave town stop at other banks in other towns getting rid of them 6 rolls at a time . Hope it works for you.

M5 Mike
The government needs to put a better cover on pennies.
I did stick the bank with $10.00 in clad dimes we use the quarters in laundry and Elly got some back in change this week, LOL.
I found this site about damaged coins
http://www.ehow.com/way_5759360_do-damaged-coins_.html click the link Federal Reserve Banks take them only one will take the ones missing part of the coin.

Last edited:
too late now...but!?

You could have put 50 or so in a sandwich bag...then hand those bags out to the little ones that were trick-or-treating. The kids would be able to spend them. Come on, what person is gonna tell a kiddo "sorry...that penny is in cruddy shape...we won't take it." The kid would start crying...the store would get a bad rap. Win win...Kids get some money and you dump off those nasty little coins!

:grin::yes:

Zincolns

stick em to your hunting room wall. If you don't want to roll them and distribute them to banks here and there. We recently used them in rolls to purchase things at the grocery store. Using 4 or so rolls at a time they will be gone. buy batteries for your detector.

M6 Mike

Making things out of them sounds interesting too. paint a few get a necklass loop and see if someone at craft shows are willing to buy a Lucky Penny. Or a presant for their x wife necklass. lol Another idea paint different colors and stick to bathroom wall. Better yet Have a treasure hunt after you paint them . Have people pay to get a treasure map and a prize for the right coin turned in. Like a entery fee. Photos of everyone's finds .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom