1797 draped bust LC!

Silver Strike

Forum Supporter
Recieved permission this morning to hunt an old farmhouse. I was finding alot of nothing when I got nice sounding 83 at 7". This property was filled with roots and this hole was no exception. After struggling through the roots the pinpointer sounded off right under a 2" root. Finessing it out I was rewarded with an LC. As I wiped the coin I noticed it was right facing so I said awesome and stuck it in my pouch. As I was leaving, I went to see if I would be able to return another time and pulled it out of my pouch and wiped a little more and low and behold it said 1797!!!! After I got home I ran it under some water and the dirt is what was saving the date I guess because it went away,:no: unless you really struggle to see it. Really happy about this one. I did manage a few wheats as well but again the Lancaster County silver poor curse hits again. P.s. I can return so hopefully I can pick another goodie out of the roots. HH!

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 524
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 468
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 471
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 472
Soak LC's in mineral oil and NOT water. Mineral oil cleans off the dirt and leaves behind a luster/shine that helps bring out the details. Water is the worst thing to do with LC's. JMO....

Great save!!

Very nice! I've heard that you can try to pour milk on a coin & it may help show the raised area's, or you could do a crayon rubbing.

Way to go! I think the best thing to do with a LC is not wash it at all, or possibly in still water between the fingers. Same thing happened to my first LC.

Silver Strike,

I did manage a few wheats as well but again the Lancaster County silver poor curse hits again. P.s. I can return so hopefully I can pick another goodie out of the roots.

Have you researched the Civil War History of the Susquehanna River Towns, or the underground railroad that made it’s way through Lancaster County?

PS.
Awesome find... :thumbsup:

Best Regards,
Silver Hawk

Silver Strike,

Have you researched the Civil War History of the Susquehanna River Towns, or the underground railroad that made it’s way through Lancaster County?

PS.
Awesome find... :thumbsup:

Best Regards,
Silver Hawk

Yes sir I have. But theres a 1000 other detectorist here in Lancaster that have too. You'd be amazed at the lack of virgin ground here. As for civil war history, most of it was by the river which is a very difficult area to detect around, and hard to pinpoint the strong areas of activity. Columbia was a hotspot but the railroad owns most of the highest activity areas.

Back
Top Bottom