So close, but yet so far...

local_coins

Elite Member
Hi all. I had some time to do my own thing today with my wife at a bridal shower so I took a drive over to a fouindation I have known of for a few months now. I have been putting it off because as you will see, the power company has liberated this land and rendered this site un-huntable :(

I got out and snapped a few photos to keep my peace of mind and then hoped against hope that the EMF from the power lines wouldnt bother my ACE250 but it was not to be. The ACE was going absolutely nuts under those power lines. Oh well, ther'll be more stone foundations...I hope.

Attachments

• Foundation.jpg
    Foundation.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 175
  • Foundation 2.jpg
    Foundation 2.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 169
That's a shame LC...I haven't tried any sites that bad, but I have noticed that my 250 will sound off to any lightning strikes within miles . HH Roadrunner_426

That power company has a mean streak. :shock: :lol: Thats too bad. Looks like it would have been a great place to hunt. You could still go sifting. Never know what you might turn up. ;)

get yourself a DFX local-coins. i find it does very well in the 15kz mode around power lines. yes you will lose sensitivity and depth, but you should still be able to locate some good stuff with that detector.

Thanks for the tip Puma. I'll have to try the 15kz thing. I know any other frequency setting and my DFX goes crazy under high voltage lines. :wow: :(

Don't know if I'm just lucky. There is a local power line walking, hiking and bike trail. I've only hunted it a little. These are "Big Daddy" lines. Have had NO effect on my Explorer II.

Back
Top Bottom