Last weeks CRH

pan4au

Elite Member
I got 4 boxes of Halves last week. They were all Loomis rolls. Box 1 was a bust. I didn't score any silvers. I ended up with some keepers. I ended up with 22 NIFC.
I also found 1 1982P no "FG" and a 1977 no "FG". 2 coins with a small die crack 1 was 73D that's AU and the other was a 71D. I also kept a 71d and a 74D both with a proof like strike.
I should have three boxes from a different source coming in tomorrow.. Hopefully I can pull some silver from them..
I went through a box of dimes tonight.. no silver but got a couple of 2009's from the box and 1 88 that's off center..

Attachments

• feb5crh.jpg
    feb5crh.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 151
Thanks for this post! Are there certain years which should be examined for the missing FG or do all halves need to be examined. KT asks because He has never looked for this type of error before! His Majesty appreciates any info on that subject!:D:D

From what I've seen on the web.. the ones that are mentioned are the 82P and 72d. I saw some graded 1966's with no "FG" on Ebay for sale. I imagine that they could be found on any date.. I believe that the initials either wear down or chip of the die.. If that is the case.. any year could produce that error especially at higher mintage quantities. just my 2¢
I found a 83P with no "FG" today.
will post it with other finds.

Back
Top Bottom