Page# 3,UPDATE,UPDATE,UPDATE....Platinum & Gold & Big Diamonds too!

This is awesome! I love the pic of the guy in the background holding the detector up in victory!

IMHO, this belongs in the Eye popping, mind blowing, finds section!! Way to go! Maybe I need to put an add on Craig's list. :shock:

ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!

Janster, you done good son!

Janstersfan, who was that masked man? HI HO Silver away!

As he rides off into the sunset. It was made for the big screen!

Made my day! :biggrin:

Steve

That is a story that will live with you forever. 15,000 Karma points
have been deposited at your Karma bank.

Don't let Uncle Sam find out about unauthorized deposits, they might sue to get access! ;)

That is an awesome story! I'm glad for you and the couple. I tried last year to help a couple on South Beach that had lost a valuable ring the day before but was unsuccessful.

UPDATE, UPDATE,UPDATE!! Woooo Hooooo

...hi folks. I just returned from a mini vacation and Wooo Hooo; I found in my mail box the 'Advertised Reward" as stated by the owner's of the lost Platinum ring at Sand Harbor last week. True to his word,the letter sat waiting for my bride's and my return. Never let is be said that good deeds go unrewarded or that Karma is bunk! As you read in my original post, the couple was very appreciative and VERY DESERVING of having their wedding ring returned. They are very stand up citizens for sure. My hat is off you to and yours Gerard ....... !!! Be well and a Ginormous Thank You too!........... Jan & Kerry PS... Thanks also for all the kind words from my many friends here on the FMDF! .....Jan

awesome job
9068bestthreadever5cw-1.gif

Hey, I almost missed this thread!! Way to go Janster. I am a fan for sure. You sure deserve the other ring you found, and it is great you got a reward, even if you did not ask for it!! Sure was great the happy couple could give out that reward too. Both rings are pretty nice. Great story. Did I mention, just "great"!!

All teared up!

..I answered a Craig's list ad yesterday and after contact was made I met a couple vacationing at Lake Tahoe to help them find their lost wedding ring! It appears to be 4 carats, one large 2 carat stone branched by 2 small (??) 1 carat stones. Absolutely beautiful! All I asked for was fuel and parking expense which I figured would be about $30.00,this was before even heading up to the lake to meet them. "No problem, we appreciate your offer to help". We met at Tahoe and he hands me some folded bills which I placed in my pocket without even looking at them. After introductions, it is off to the beach. I handed out detectors, 2, instructions on the usage and set everyone up in ALL METAL Mode with instructions to "Dig Em All". The lady that lost the ring set flip flops out in the corners of where she remembered she was sitting while playing with her children. Her husband, my Bride and I started the search. After about 15 minutes I heard my Bride mutter " Wrong ring". I look over and she is holding a 4 diamond 14k ring and has a look of disgust as she knew we were searching for a Silver colored Platinum ring! The lady who lost her ring comes over and my Brides say" If we do not find yours you can have this one". That is not what she wanted to hear, "I just want my own ring back". The search continues! Here is the 14K ring. We had it checked by our Jeweler and he said the value is $1700.00. Woo Hoo!!
DSC00686.jpg

....... Not 20 minutes later, up comes this Gorgeous beauty, not 15 feet from where the other ring was found and at the depth of about 4"s.
DSC00672.jpg

...... Here is the "ELATED" couple re-united with their totally awesome ring!
DSC00671.jpg

.......Here are both of the rings found today within 1/2 hour!
DSC00678.jpg

...here are the happy and successful hunters! I am on the right, the old grey haired fellow!
DSC00679.jpg

......as we are getting ready to leave the husband offers and helps me carry the detectors to my truck! He says, "I am going to send you the $1000.00 reward". Speechless for a bit I replied, "I am not saying send it, nor am I saying do not send it." He offered and I left it at that, and if he does, GREAT and if not I do not really care. I felt so much joy just being able to solve a nasty emotional experience that the trip alone was worth the effort! Good Karma comes back 10 fold. Believe me IT DOES!!! His ring is so Spectacular I do not believe a better specimen will be found by me EVER! On the way home my Bride says" How much money did he give you"? "Don't know", I replied. I reach in my pocket and out comes 5 Jacksons, woo hoo! Thanks for looking in and sorry for such a long post but I am still really JAZZED!!!! HH, GL and be well.............. Jan

I could not write a better happy ending, congrats!

I didn't think this story could get any better, then it did! How cool of the couple to post something on the FMDF. And the reward? WAHOOOOOO is right!

Wish this made the local news in Tahoe... there aren't enough "feel good" stories out there on the news!

emdees

Wow, this story has gotten better and better! Again, congratulations on your success in helping these lovely people. I don't think anyone will ever be able to type what they want to express towards this story! Incredible, good job!
NC

Good thing they called Janster.

He's tha man,,, :cool:

That is a great post Jan.

That is because you are a great guy.

Thanks fer sharin,

Tabdog

Back
Top Bottom