Vaquero Book?

Joe6112

I have heard a lot of folks mention the book "Mastering the Tesoro Tejon and Vaquero Metal Detectors". Anyone know where I can find a copy? I am still trying to learn my Vaquero and looking for tips. Thank you!!

Dewsweeper s 1 page book 🙂

Here is the only set up I use ( not sure what your hunting but I shoot coins )
1 Turn on machine with coil in the air.
2 Ground balance to neutral . Scan ground to find a quiet piece of dirt .. clean dirt for GB .
( turn to all metal so the machine is humming pump coil up and down adjust GB to achieve a steady hum little variance . ( that's neutral) if you raise the coil and th hum jumps its negitive . If the hum gets louder as you push the coil down you are too positive .
3 Turn threashold to 2 o'clock maybe 3 more threashold gives you more sound on smaller deep targets.
4 turn sensitivity to 3 o'clock back off a little if too chippy.
5 discrimination just above tab for coins including Indians zinks and up.
If you want to cut out most pennies but still are willing to grab a few just back off from max discrimination a hair .
6. Going deep! ( after ground balance Nutral ) turn ground balance knob 1/4 turn back( Negitive ) or counter clock wise .
You are now running Hot and deep.
7 for more depth use less discrimination . Dig the deeper solid targets below the trash line of that aria . By trash most foil and pull tabs will be shallower then older coins . Unless your in the woods . Use your thumb to turn up the discrimination after you find the target to anylize if you like .
8 . Pinpoint button is used for judging size of target . You will notice that when you swing over a target the thing will beep as you are dead center of coil. No pinpoint button needed . đź‘Ť
9 the toggle switch remains center but can be moved left or right to adjust frequency a little . It can be used as a quick Ground balance shift over a chippy target check or you can sometimes cut back on interference or EMI by switching it.
The machines are absolute killers . You can swing up tight against a metal fence post or swing set and if you get two beeps one is the post and the other is a target. It's recovery time between a target and trash is mindblowingly fast!
It kills on combined metals and julery !
My son has dug 4 war nickels in full disc mode this year so if there is silver in it somewhere be ready for it to hit .

11 Learn to judge depth by raising the coil wile you swing over the target . If it's a tin can you will be able to raise your coil up a foot and still hear it . A small target will fade away as you get furtnher off the ground and you can judge depth that way. You have 10 inches on a quarter and 8 inches on a dime if your dialed in .
Happy hunting .. there's the Dewsweeper bookđź‘Ť
The stock coil is the deepest . A sniper coil is a blast in the trash .
Any questions I'll try to help .
, Dew

Attachments

• IMG_0768.jpg
    IMG_0768.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom