New to the group

MasterSAM

Elite Member
I have been experiancing the rush of "metal connecting" for about four months now. I am attempting to focus on the water areas primarily now. I bought a hookah setup from Keene Engineering (http://www.keeneeng.com) so I can go deeper than my neck. Supposidly thats where the "good stuff" is.
I was out today up to my chest and pulled two silver rings, a makeup compact - Pompaien Blush, and an old copper "sabona" bracelet besides all the coins I recovered. Yesterday, same place, a bunch of coins and a gold ring. None of the coins were old though. Tomorrow I head over to the old sandbar island where people have been partying for many years. Hopefully nobody with an underwater metal detector has been there yet.
I am still getting comfortable with the fully imersed version of metal recovery.

Welcome to our happy little family. What did the hooka cost to put together? Or did you buy their raedy to use electric motor set-up.WOLF

Columbus Bicycle Company

I found the bike emblem at Cherokee Park in St Paul. It was about six inches deep. They made bikes from 1893 - 1898.
The rings are the ones I spoke about in my earlier post - two silvers today and a gold yesterday.
I bought the Honda 4HP high pressure hookah setup for two people with 50' hoses and the float tube. I also went with the "full facemask" option from OceanReef. Keene supplies this too. I didn't like just breathing through my mouth underwater - http://www.oceanreefgroup.com. I am bringing the hookah tomorrow. I think I will have time to practice with it after I search the sandbar - if my kids still have the patience. They seem to enjoy the setup too even though they aren't metal inspecting. Being able to follow the fish around in shallow water is "cool".

Attachments

• COLUMBUS BICYCLE COMPANY.jpg
    COLUMBUS BICYCLE COMPANY.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 156
  • Silver ring 1.JPG
    Silver ring 1.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 156
  • Silver ring 2.JPG
    Silver ring 2.JPG
    172.3 KB · Views: 154
  • Gold ring 3.JPG
    Gold ring 3.JPG
    186.7 KB · Views: 163
Thanks for the nice welcome! I am off to the sandbar for some sweet ring finding. I am hoping there will still be some silver coins there too.

MS

Thanks again for the welcome. The sandbar was really bad so I went back to the old boat launch. I only had about 30 minutes before it started to thunder. I did however find one decent coin - 1910 sweetback. Next time it will be better.

MS

Attachments

• 1910 Wheatback.jpg
    1910 Wheatback.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 125
Back
Top Bottom