Coronavirrus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appears that deaths are on the decline, so the fear has to be ramped up by “cases” now. It just seems like a weak virus, if it were that deadly, wouldn’t people would be dropping like flies? A quarter million people die of medical malpractice each year. Where’s the outrage? Are those deaths not preventible?

Why do you keep minimizing the pandemic?!?

I hope you and no one close to you gets sick, or worse dies!

How about a little empathy and humanity.

Why do you keep minimizing the pandemic?!?

I hope you and no one close to you gets sick, or worse dies!

How about a little empathy and humanity.
People get sick, they die. We all die. Usually when we get old. The fear driven into us by the media is ruining lives. We were told that millions would die. They’re not. Many of the deaths normally caused by cancer and medical malpractice are being counted as virus deaths. No one that I know knows anyone that has died due to this virus, and I’ve talked to hundreds. Why wouldn’t I minimize this?

It’s all been a string of lies since day one.

Last edited:
Eat plenty of garlic and onions.

If you like it. Won't do squat for covid. Wear a mask, folks.

I saw this mask advertised online, can't vouch for it since I haven't tried it myself, but it looks like a good idea, especially for those who don't wear glasses as it includes an attached visor -
mask-with-visor.jpg

People get sick, they die. We all die. Usually when we get old. The fear driven into us by the media is ruining lives. We were told that millions would die. They’re not. Many of the deaths normally caused by cancer and medical malpractice are being counted as virus deaths. No one that I know knows anyone that has died due to this virus, and I’ve talked to hundreds. Why wouldn’t I minimize this?

It’s all been a string of lies since day one.

Exactly, iit's mostly the people that are in poor health and the elderly that are victims of this virus. That is the case for the influenza every year. Is this worse, yes but the "news" media gets more money by exaggerating and glorifying their stories to increase viewership. Reporting the whole story accuratly won't get as many viewers and it wouldn't help their political efforts either. I pray for those that have it and for an effective vaccine soon.

Last edited:
The media are not telling the truth about deaths across the world. Every death that occurs did not come from the virus. The sad thing is, if any deadly virus comes around not very many people will listen because of the media crying wolf about this virus.

Metal Detectorists are typically astute students of History and observers of Human forces....We use logic based upon research and math....

As of now, star date 7/12/20....The C'vid CFR numbers simply dont measure up proportionally to the Global panic response!...So? Whats a logical guy to conclude? What is going on here? Whats the REAL agenda?

When logic, reason and math prove otherwise, Its prudent for a fellow to question WTH is exactly going on here?...Its also prudent for a person to pay attention to the Geopolitical Financial weather radar and say to themselves !!!.......

Where geopolitics and financials are concerned, Even a fake #$%& storm on the MSM weather radar becomes a real #$%& storm on the ground......Y'all gonna get vaccinated with sumpthin'! For your own good Dammit!

Case in point, AIDS, which we all know is permanent and fatal and transmitted by Humans, was a really big deal in the early 80's. but No quarantines or school closures or economic travel shutdowns were instituted.

Nope! As of 2019 HIV stats, Its now estimated at least 38 million humans have it, and they are wandering around all over the place without a care in the world!

WTH is really going on here? Ask yourself that question and do some research...

After 40yrs, There aint no vaccine for AIDS, on account of its a RNA virus, just like ALL corona virii are, like the C'vid RNA...yet Tony Fauci on behalf of Big Pharma has made bank with govt grants studying it...and its the same damn deal here...Big Pharma making Pay! Pulling political wallets!

Move along..there aint no vaccine coming, never will be, mask wearing and social distancing are like farting through a perfumed mitten on a packed elevator, a placebo, but that wont stop the pharma gravy. Take a whiff and get with the program...

Last edited:
Case in point, AIDS, which we all know is permanent and fatal and transmitted by Humans, was a really big deal in the early 80's. but No quarantines or school closures or economic travel shutdowns were instituted.

Nope! As of 2019 HIV stats, Its now estimated at least 38 million humans have it, and they are wandering around all over the place without a care in the world!

WTH is really going on here? Ask yourself that question and do some research...

After 40yrs, There aint no vaccine for AIDS, on account of its a RNA virus, just like ALL corona virii are, like the C'vid RNA...yet Tony Fauci on behalf of Big Pharma has made bank with govt grants studying it...and its the same damn deal here...Big Pharma making Pay! Pulling political wallets!

Move along..there aint no vaccine coming, never will be, mask wearing and social distancing are like farting through a perfumed mitten on a packed elevator, a placebo, but that wont stop the pharma gravy. Take a whiff and get with the program...

Mud, you have set up a flawed comparison. For one thing, HIV is transmitted by an exchange in body fluids. You do not need to get that intimate to catch covid-19, indeed, the latest studies show that airborne transmission is possible.

HIV used to be a death sentence, now there are medicines that allow an HIV infected person to continue to live a relatively normal life.

Here are some stats on the virus, as of yesterday.

Screen Shot 2020-07-12 at 6.27.36 AM.jpg

I remembered hearing that even before Covid-19 many people in Japan would wear masks during flu season, did a search and came across an article from the Japan Times, just thought some might find this interesting.

Quote from an article in the Japantimes:

"There’s strong awareness of public hygiene, starting with the habit of washing our hands. And, due to historical experiences, there is widespread knowledge about preventing infections.

Another social factor is that Japanese people feel comfortable wearing masks on a daily basis. Many people are allergic to pollen, so they do this during the cedar pollen season from the beginning of the year until spring, as well as to protect against influenza."

(end of quote)

I remembered hearing that even before Covid-19 many people in Japan would wear masks during flu season, did a search and came across an article from the Japan Times, just thought some might find this interesting.

Quote from an article in the Japantimes:

"There’s strong awareness of public hygiene, starting with the habit of washing our hands. And, due to historical experiences, there is widespread knowledge about preventing infections.

Another social factor is that Japanese people feel comfortable wearing masks on a daily basis. Many people are allergic to pollen, so they do this during the cedar pollen season from the beginning of the year until spring, as well as to protect against influenza."

(end of quote)

It's not only Japan. Many Asian countries are used to wearing masks when necessary. Here is an interesting article about Hong Kong, written by an expat living there, working for USA Today. https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...-hong-kong-face-masks-work-column/3262969001/

Allergies don't bother me that often, but there are few times during the year when the pollen will get to me but I try to avoid taking any medications unless I really need to, but there have been a few times during the year I'd have to take an OTC allergy pill, it will be interesting this year to see if I can avoid taking any allergy pills because of wearing a mask that filters out the pollen.

Folks are claiming masks are ineffective in spite of medical best practices. One argument is that the CV micron size is smaller than that which many masks filter. However, when people sneeze or cough, they aren't releasing tiny particles (i.e. viruses) on their own, they are carried through moisture, which the masks can and do block.

Folks are claiming masks are ineffective in spite of medical best practices. One argument is that the CV micron size is smaller than that which many masks filter. However, when people sneeze or cough, they aren't releasing tiny particles (i.e. viruses) on their own, they are carried through moisture, which the masks can and do block.

The Mayo clinic begs to differ

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-mask/art-20485449

https://www.foxnews.com/health/wear...ronavirus-transmission-75-percent-study-shows

Here in CT 2 days this week zero deaths we are averaging under 50 cases a day... we wear our masks here...

Florida on the other hand who don't seem to want to wear them just hit 15.000 new cases today...

Until there is a vaccine, there is no stopping the virus. And even with a vaccine, one minor mutation of the virus and your immunity becomes questionable. Even if a vaccine becomes available, it likely won't be cheap.
You can avoid the virus to some extent, but that will basically only serve to prolong the duration of the outbreak, and hopefully not overwhelm hospital capacity. Wearing a mask might be one of the best ways of avoidance, but it's certainly no guarantee against contracting the funk.

IMO, the best we can reasonably hope for is an effective treatment. There are several showing real promise, but I also believe that there are enough big money people involved that inexpensive treatments will be downplayed even if they are effective.

Until there is a vaccine, there is no stopping the virus. And even with a vaccine, one minor mutation of the virus and your immunity becomes questionable. Even if a vaccine becomes available, it likely won't be cheap.
You can avoid the virus to some extent, but that will basically only serve to prolong the duration of the outbreak, and hopefully not overwhelm hospital capacity. Wearing a mask might be one of the best ways of avoidance, but it's certainly no guarantee against contracting the funk.

IMO, the best we can reasonably hope for is an effective treatment. There are several showing real promise, but I also believe that there are enough big money people involved that inexpensive treatments will be downplayed even if they are effective.

Last edited:
It’s a respiratory infection that is contracted through the ACE2 receptor . Everyone has the the ACE2 receptor . angiotensin converting enzyme 2. The receptor is present in most parts of the organs. ACE2 helps a protein called ANG II which is put on , check it out
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thecon...-treating-covid-19-the-experts-explain-136928

Interesting does that mean ace inhibitors like lisinopril (bp med) may help? Will check it out.

edit: conflicting data but it most likely has some level of positive and negative effects

Last edited:
Interesting does that mean ace inhibitors like lisinopril (bp med) may help? Will check it out.

edit: conflicting data but it most likely has some level of positive and negative effects

No, it's the opposite. It can hit you REAL HARD! I take benazepril (same thing) and I've looked into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom