Bounty Hunter TK4 or Garrett Ace 200?

Not to cause a fight or argument BUT, the Nokta Makro Simplex or Minelab Vanquish 340 or 440 are much better detectors for slightly more money than the Ace 200. So is the Fisher F22. Just my humble opinion and I have used or owned them all.

If you are basing your decision on information from one of the "Best Entry Level Metal Detectors" sites after doing a web search, forget about those sites. They really know nothing and are years behind.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV or the Ace 200. You just can get a lot better performance from other detectors like the Simplex and Vanquish.

Not to cause a fight or argument BUT, the Nokta Makro Simplex or Minelab Vanquish 340 or 440 are much better detectors for slightly more money than the Ace 200. So is the Fisher F22. Just my humble opinion and I have used or owned them all.

If you are basing your decision on information from one of the "Best Entry Level Metal Detectors" sites after doing a web search, forget about those sites. They really know nothing and are years behind.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV or the Ace 200. You just can get a lot better performance from other detectors like the Simplex and Vanquish.

^this is spot on!^ save yourself a little time and frustration, the added features of the simplex or vanquish make a big difference. With the BHT4 and Ace, you will feel the need to upgrade very soon. The vanquish and simplex are more mid range machines, at an entry level price. If you dont have the funds (which is more than understandable in these times) I would go with the Ace. Garrett's customer service is top notch. Good luck, and keep us posted on your decision!

The Vanquish 340 is only $200. And works in saltwater! That is awesome! Wish it was around in 2009 when I first started!

I have to agree with the above and would highly recommend the Quest X5 and X10 for $149/$199. But the OP said of those two which to recommed. I said the BH. It works, is inexpensive and can be lended out or used as a backup etc when ready to upgrade. Surprised someone hasn't told him to buy a nox yet..

Thanks guys! I will put these opinions into account as I make the choice. It's a birthday gift, and I gotta tell my parents which one I want, and they probably don't want to spend too much on it, seeing how I have a sustainable source of income and can pay for these things myself lol.:laughing:

Out of those 2 I’d get the Ace, I started out with one and found lots of good stuff. Also as other people have stated Garrett has the best customer service

Sweet. For pinpointers, is expensive better than say a $30 one?

You get what you pay for so, yea.
Most popular around here is the Garrett AT, called the carrot, and a few others in that range.
I used cheap ones at first which were better than nothing, but switched to better ones when I could and never looked back.
There is a difference and better ones sure made a difference to me in how much I could enjoy this hobby.

Back
Top Bottom