Fort Finds with Grandson

Wirenut57

I have a 9 year old grandson that has a Garrett 250 and has the metal detecting bug. We were able to go out this morning at an old fort and found some junk. I used my IDX Pro and he used his Garret. No old coins but the value was in spending time with him on such a beautiful Texas day.
He usually pinpoints for me with my pin pointer but decided to swing and dig his own today. He's still learning how to listen to the tones and read the scale on his display. We found some old bullet casings and lead with a saddle strap buckle and ring, a few clads and horseshoes. I love seeing his excitement when he finds something other than pull tab.
Best buddy to hunt with!!!

Attachments

• Trace and Fort finds.JPG
    Trace and Fort finds.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 489
Pretty good treasure there for sure! Im talking about the one smiling. But when i was his age finding those bullets and rifle brass and that horse shoe would have been a treasure trove for sure.

Awesome!!! Nothing beats spending time with the family. Took my two boys, 8 & 12 with me and hit a totter yesterday. Scored a little clad, pouch full of junk and my 8 year found a good claw hammer in the woodchips :?::?::?: Had to take that one home, don't need any kids breaking the slides, swings or each others skulls with it, plus it was better than most I have at home so it was a win all around.

Awesome, now print that photo out and write the date and his name on the back and also write out the story too. Many years from now he can share it with his grand-kids.

Awesome hunt!!! Love the doing with the Grandkid also!!! I have a Granddaughter that's just 9 months old, but can't wait until we can enjoy a hunt together!!!

Congrats on the finds, I like the horse shoe! :D Some great memories you'll have of hunting with your grandson. :mder: BTW... what type of dog is that in the pic?

Back
Top Bottom