Old bird still hunts

Foragist

Forum Supporter
Broke out the White's Eagle Spectrum for one last flight today before parting ways with her. Got it good and muddy too. :D Managed to find a few coins; including one wheat penny, a buffalo nickel, a Canadian beaver nickel, and a silver Rosy; bringing me to #3 FTY. As much as I enjoyed the nostalgia, I am spoiled with my Equinox 800, and will be listing the old bird locally on CL...after a good cleaning.

Attachments

• 20200326_152855.jpg
    20200326_152855.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 666
  • 20200326_153504.jpg
    20200326_153504.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 591
Been swing'n the Spectrums since the came out and still use the XLT for certain tasks and will never let her go. The Spectrums were king of versatility, but no doubt the new tech brings a lot to the fields with speedy processors, wide range of freqs, smart coils, and total wireless. I eyeballed the VX3 long and hard before my last purchase, but when comparing to XP, really a no brainer. I'm amazed at what the ORX has brought to the field.

Dang good hunting, very good results!
Thanks! Felt good too! The buff is dated 1915. Probably my earliest one.

Shouldn't have don that, now you wont want to keep it, lol
...or won't want to sell it? Been feeling that for a couple years now. It's time.

Been swing'n the Spectrums since the came out and still use the XLT for certain tasks and will never let her go. The Spectrums were king of versatility, but no doubt the new tech brings a lot to the fields with speedy processors, wide range of freqs, smart coils, and total wireless. I eyeballed the VX3 long and hard before my last purchase, but when comparing to XP, really a no brainer. I'm amazed at what the ORX has brought to the field.
Good machines, ain't they? I like the XLT, but never spent enough time to really "get it". (My brothers detector) I have no experience with those other acronyms you mention, but White's have always been very good. It would be good to see them prosper with more hot new models on the market.

Man does that old girl bring back memories. My first MD date was an old White's 6000D.

Still swinging an XLT E-Series. My dad and I each bought one on the same day from the New England White's distributor, way back when. In fact, I just bought a used Spectrum XLT from a fellow forum member, as a backup. Now I have TWO machines that go crazy in the wet sand at salt water beaches... :laughing:

My XLT replaced a Whites Eagle II SL.

Those older White's machines were the top of there class and have found tons of targets for a awful lot of detectionists over the years. My first machines were DFX's and they found some goods for me. A nice ride with your history Blaise as this one goes on to spread its joy to someone else. Congrats on the Rosie and all the rest but most of all on the memories of times past. Trapper

Man does that old girl bring back memories. My first MD date was an old White's 6000D.

I remember those old Whites detectors...they were real work horses in their days. Congrats on the silver and buff!

Congrats on the Rosie, Buffalo and the rest...nice hunt!

Still swinging an XLT E-Series. My dad and I each bought one on the same day from the New England White's distributor, way back when. In fact, I just bought a used Spectrum XLT from a fellow forum member, as a backup. Now I have TWO machines that go crazy in the wet sand at salt water beaches... :laughing:

My XLT replaced a Whites Eagle II SL.

Those older White's machines were the top of there class and have found tons of targets for a awful lot of detectionists over the years. My first machines were DFX's and they found some goods for me. A nice ride with your history Blaise as this one goes on to spread its joy to someone else. Congrats on the Rosie and all the rest but most of all on the memories of times past. Trapper

Thanks for the comments everyone. Lots of White's history out there. Many still running strong. I am really glad to have had the chance to get to know this machine. It has taught me much, entertained me for countless hours, and paid for itself more than once. I talked to a guy who wants to buy this tomorrow because it's the same model he used to have, and he knows and loves it. I will relish the memories, but won't really miss the machine. ;)

Back
Top Bottom