3d Printed metal detector things I make

Kisskrazed

In my downtime, I 3d print some metal detecting related items. Pin-pointer covers plain & little more aggressive to save the tips on the pin-pointers. The quality of the ones pictures aren't the best as I printed at a high speed. I make little key chains (coil & detector mouse figure) and I make a box that snaps on your Garrett shaft that fits the Z-Lynk transmitter box. I use this rather than the little rubber bands that hold it to the shaft. I also use Velcro as a safe additional measure to hold the Z-lynk in the box. Also make the Equinox stand as well as the AT pro with or without the logo. Just some little projects to keep me busy when not working or able to detect. Stay safe folks!!!

Attachments

• Pin pointer tips sm.jpg
    Pin pointer tips sm.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,778
  • Keychains sm.jpg
    Keychains sm.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 1,714
  • Z-Lynk boxes sm.jpg
    Z-Lynk boxes sm.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 1,630
  • Stand.jpg
    Stand.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 1,484
  • Stand2.jpg
    Stand2.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 1,501
Last edited:
I love the transmitter holder piece.

Are the pinpointer tip covers 100% infill?

The ones pictured are not 100%,I did a speed test on my printer and dropped it to 50%. The normal ones I make & use are 100% solid.

Here's a 3D printed Battery holder (Minelab FBS) that holds 18650 Lithium batteries a guy makes in the Ukraine, I bought one from him already

picture.php

Mine, tested in both my Safari and Explorer
picture.php

That’s keychains pretty sweet, can you do a black equinox coil? Price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work!

Using Fusion 360, or another piece of CAD? I find that 75% infill is just as strong as 100% on most things, and allows for a little flexibility to cut down on brittleness. I have basically quit using PLA and shifted to PETG for most things, including a carbon fiber impregnated PETG from Atomic Filament for the hard use items.

Ran PETG wheels, rock slides and transmission mount on my RC Rock crawler all last season and it took a 15 foot tumble from a waterfall directly on the side to finally snap a wheel! :D

Keep up the cool designs!

Olds

So far so good. Holding up decently. Find myself digging more than before though with the pin pointer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That’s keychains pretty sweet, can you do a black equinox coil? Price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I think I have a Minelab coil. Let me look.

No luck on finding the Minelab coil, but I'm in the process of designing one. Thanks.

Last edited:
3d metal detecting files/forums/website?

Does anyone have a list of 3d metal detecting files/forums/websites? I would love to print a bunch of different metal detector Christmas ornaments.
Jessie

mini-coils or detectors would be cool
J

Where can I get this

Hi Nice collection of 3d prints.

I was wondering where you got the stl for the z--lynk Transmitter box.
It looks fantastic, I have scoured the Web but cannot find anything like it.

Do you have a copy I could have , or where I could get the stl so I could have a go at printing it.

Thanks

Paul

Does anyone have a list of 3d metal detecting files/forums/websites? I would love to print a bunch of different metal detector Christmas ornaments.
Jessie

mini-coils or detectors would be cool
J

Here's one of the best resources for free STL 3D printable files. There's a lot of metal detecting stuff on there. You can also search by brand names or models like Minelab, Equinox, etc.

https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=metal+detector&type=things&sort=relevant

Hi Nice collection of 3d prints.

I was wondering where you got the stl for the z--lynk Transmitter box.
It looks fantastic, I have scoured the Web but cannot find anything like it.

Do you have a copy I could have , or where I could get the stl so I could have a go at printing it.

Thanks

Paul

Paul,
I'm looking for it.... Purged a ton of music & files off my system.

I will be uploading some new files that I've made..... Coil stiffeners for the Equinox series, Minelab coil keychains ... Thicker more rigid pro pointer covers. :-)

Back
Top Bottom