An approximate 3000 to 6000 year old copper adz

Wow! Congrats bud! Those old streams are a favorite of mine to hunt. You da man!

Thanks for the link! This is very, very similar to mine. Mine has a bit less taper, but in all other respects, very much alike! Super nice piece you have there!

Truly an amazing find!
Because of its age and the fact it's copper from what country could have the owner been from and what does this say about early people in the U.S.?

wow! super find!

makes you wonder how the Indians back then figured out how to create copper tools.

From the Internet:

Native Americans were the first to mine and work the copper of Lake Superior and the Keweenaw Peninsula of northern Michigan between 5000 BCE and 1200 BCE. The natives used this copper to produce tools.

The northern Michigan deposits are copper metal not ore so no smelting needed.
Much copper is at the surface so just pick them up. A little bit of hammering shows the ductile properties so not hard to go to making things.

Amazing piece of history! Congratulations on saving it! And to think how excited i am to find my first silver! I agree about the Smithsonian with your name under it. I bet your heart was pounding and hands were shaking with that!

Wow! I thought I was doing pretty well with my three adzes! (Crusty rusties from the last 100-150 years)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

What a WONDERFULL find. Especially for your erea!!
Congratulations!!

If i think about it i can look for some more information about this model. Must have it somewere.

What will people find of ours in 3000 years?

A lot of plastic objects.
The one who will invent the plastic-detector will become very rich. :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom