Nickels Reward

bearbqd

Elite Member
Well, well, well. Wouldn't you know it. I post how I never find nickels among all the coins I have found and suddenly that's about all I find. Found several yesterday and then I went out in the woods today and found 4 older ones in one hole. There was a 1963, a 1957, a 1949, and 1945 S wartime nickel which is .350 silver. WooHoo, my first silver of sorts. With those dates, I scoured the area heavily around this dilapidated old out building knowing there had to be silver around there, but alas, it wasn't meant to be. I'll keep checking though.

However, I was very happy to find a fired musketball shot. Interestingly, I found this about 60 feet from the railroad tracks. It's interesting because about a 1/3 of a mile along the way down the tracks in another section of newly cleared field, also about 60 to 80 feet from the tracks, is where I found my sniper bullet and Union button. I think I shall be hunting up and down these tracks in that area heavily.

It's supposed to be beautiful outside again tomorrow and I plan on taking my new detecting buddy to the 1800's house. I'll try and get pictures of it this time to show everyone. It's a pretty cool place with lots of colonial "garbage" about 9 inches down in the backyard. I'll keep you posted of the finds.

Sounds like ya had a good time to me! I found a few coins, but none older than the 70's... I hope you find some more stuff and let us see some pics.
Good Luck to ya!

Back
Top Bottom