• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Stavr makes a nice scoop...But is it worth the hassle? UPDATE post #37

CanSlaw

Elite Member
Just an FYI and sharing my experience.

In Nov 2012 I ordered an Excavator 2.22 and it was shipped 3 month later on Jan 26, 2013.

Only Western Union is accepted for payment...fine, I go online but WU will not take my credit card, so I use a check with bank numbers and that goes through and I receive a WU conformation number. Ruslin receives his payment and my scoop is shipped.

Fast forward to May 14, 2013, I receive a junk mail type letter from "Telecheck" saying my check numbers were not correct from WU or some other nonsense and wanting me to send them $186.00 Today, May 15, I started relieving calls from "Out of Area" wanting me to give my banking information take care of this problem.....yeah right! A company that can't even have their name displayed on caller ID is not going to get any information from me, period!

I can't say my experience with this scoop has been worth the hassle. No scoop war, just passing on my personal experience, which as not been good since Nov. of last year.

I can see a scoop thread coming out of this :laughing: :mad: :mad:

I hope NOT. I just wanted to pass along what can and does happen when ordering from out of the country. No need for a scoop war, it's a service problem from a third party company, nothing to do with Stavr, he is as innocent as I am.

In addition I have had excellent service from RTG, Bill Babbs, P Miller, Proscoop and T-Rex with no problems. I have not ordered from Sun Spot as it is heavier than I am comfortable with, but I know Chuck's service is also excellent.

I never had a hassle. I went the same route as you using my banking numbers due to the mobile app would not take my credit card (found out it was a bank error). My order was not shipped as soon as he said it was going to be but I had no trouble contacting him and he told me his welder broke. Well I know in the Ukraine it is not as easy as it is here in the states to just run out and pick up parts or a new one. Well it took a total of 2.5 months but was well worth it. I am so happy with his scoop and YES I will go through that all over again to get another if ever needed. The M10 is awesome here in the clay man made lakes and works great at the beach. It is not to big as some scoops are monsters and it is not to small or weak. I am a big guy and it takes mt beating.

I used the online payment option and mine shipped no problem. It is a nice piece and am happy that I got it. I only use it a week a year so the wait did not come into play for me.

I ordered my Evro Excavator 2.2 in Aug. 2012 and it arrived six weeks later in Oct. 2012. I went down to my local A&P and paid cash for my WU and never had any problems. I think he got way bogged down with orders shortly after I ordered mine.

I am sure everybody else that has ordered Stavr's has had good service or we might have heard about it before. If there is ever going to be a problem with a non credit card protected purchase, it would be mine. Just wanted to let others be aware that problems can happen.

Until I check with my bank, I may have a free scoop, I don't know, but what a hassle. Stavr has been paid, I have my scoop and as far as I am concerned it is a Western Union and Telecheck problem, but I will let the bank advise me and let them take care of any payment from my account, if any.

What I don't understand is why none of the various metal detecting company's that can take credit cards/paypal have not bought a bulk order of Stavr scoops.

If I could buy a stavr scoop in the USA,I would have bought one long ago. Western union/international ordering is just too much of a hassle,and comes with issues as Canslaw posted.

If Bart/NED/Colonial put Stavr scoops up for sale.......even marked up a bit price wise over Stavr's site,they would sell out in days.

What I don't understand is why none of the various metal detecting company's that can take credit cards/paypal have not bought a bulk order of Stavr scoops.

If I could buy a stavr scoop in the USA,I would have bought one long ago. Western union/international ordering is just too much of a hassle,and comes with issues as Canslaw posted.

If Bart/NED/Colonial put Stavr scoops up for sale.......even marked up a bit price wise over Stavr's site,they would sell out in days.

Because he can't keep up with demand now...

I am sure everybody else that has ordered Stavr's has had good service or we might have heard about it before. If there is ever going to be a problem with a non credit card protected purchase, it would be mine. Just wanted to let others be aware that problems can happen.

Until I check with my bank, I may have a free scoop, I don't know, but what a hassle. Stavr has been paid, I have my scoop and as far as I am concerned it is a Western Union and Telecheck problem, but I will let the bank advise me and let them take care of any payment from my account, if any.

WU would NOT have issued payment to the recipient if they didn't have it out of your account first. This is most likely a 3rd party company with a mole inside WU on the recipients end. All they need is your sales info and they start hounding you for payment with all types of lies.

Unfortunately any organization like that has their problems. Ive had it with the PO and UPS. 2 years ago UPS kept telling me i got Christmas presents delivered. I explained it wasnt a delivery it was a shipment to Ind. After 4 months.... Whites called me and asked if i had shipped some presents. Ended up they had my gifts because there was a label with their address.... apparently the brown paper had been removed. Figure that one out. Get irritating or frustrating dont it CS?

Dew

ANGLE Scam?

WU would NOT have issued payment to the recipient if they didn't have it out of your account first. This is most likely a 3rd party company with a mole inside WU on the recipients end. All they need is your sales info and they start hounding you for payment with all types of lies.

Don't you have the scoop? Once the vendor has their payment and the consumer has the product, the transaction is complete. I would bet this is a phishing scam as Jason suggests. I would contact the police.

Geez Chuck, May is turning out to be a $h1tty month for you; family illness, food pirates, WU problems... sorry to hear it. :sorry2: Well, they say it comes in threes! I see gold in your future, but ya gotta get the scoop at just the right ANGLE, :thumbsup:

That is just how I am treating it. I checked my bank statement for 2 months and there is no withdrawal in that amount. But I am NOT giving anyone my banking info over the phone. How nuts! And I will not buy an out of country scoop again :lol:

The more I have thought about this,.... what if it had gone the other way and my bank account was hijacked from another country? It would be ME trying to get the money back. I have learned my lesson, no protected credit card....no purchase.

It's everywhere now. Someone tried to scam me with a fake "Credit Card Denied" email on an order I placed w/ JCWhitney. Like you, I had already received a confirmation that it went through, oddly enough, the email right before the scam one.

Bet you someone working at the in-country transaction processor is selling the info to pretexting scammers.

That's to bad CS. I didn't have any problem what so ever. I do think it's worth the effort....I really like my scoop for what I use it for. It's the scoop I use for wet/dry sand, very light.

However, I don't know if I'd go through all BS you are right now. I think Craig is right, he can't keep with the demand.

Can't say anything about Stavr scoops, but I can say that it only took 2 days for me to get my Stealth 720i. The Stealth Scoop folks were great to work with. The scoop is a beast. So far I'm really digging it.:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom