• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

What Is This Thingy???

SueLue80

Elite Member
OK...I found this on some land where my dad's grandmother use to live...there were also about three other houses a horse shed a laying hens coop and a chicken coop for the ones they would kill to eat.....I told dad where I found this on the land he said it was from the area of the laying hens coop...but he doesnt recognize what it is...can you guys help me???

He also said that to the front of the property there use to be a shop that burned down...and they lost a jar of silver half dollars.....but they suspect the fire was started to cover a burglary....wouldnt that be a neat find:D

Anyways here's a few pics of the thing....it's made of iron, about 6" across and 1.5 " deep

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 844
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 847
  • Concave & Line Around Top.jpg
    Concave & Line Around Top.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 867
Barbell weight? Weigh it and see if it is real close to an exact weight like 5 or 10 lbs.

aerodynamic discus ...?

if there are any holes towards the outer edge..I would go for the well head cover...my great grand parents had a water pump right next to the kitchen sink, and remember it having a "cap" where the water pipe went through to the pump

I was WRONG!!! It's an old disk for plowing!!!

That would be really small for a disk... I'm thinking along with the chicken feeder.

First it is not a disk blade, way too small, but it is also too thick to be a part of a chicken feeder.
However it could be a spacer that fit against the back side of a disk blade on the disk gang (the shaft that all the disk blades are mounted on). I have them on my old disk and it looks almost like that and the size is right. But that is just my quess.

Back
Top Bottom