Hello folks - Long Island NY here!

parallax

Hello all,

New to this forum but have been skulking around the past few weeks ever since my mother in law got herself a Whites Coinmaster for Christmas and my boyhood love with metal detecting has been re-kindled. Lucky for me she wants someone to help her dig!

Anyway, a couple of weeks later, a bunch of clad, some old stake posts, tent pegs and lord knows how many pull tabs later and its safe to say I'm hooked. Can't wait to dig my first wheat penny or Barber! Am currently pondering which detector I'm going to opt for and also researching my locale which was a hive of activity during the Revolutionary War. Currently I'm torn between the Fisher F5 and an AT PRO...

Anyhow hello, nice to be here and look forward to getting to know you all a little better. I've loads to learn and I think I'm in the right place!

Cheers
Dan

Welcome aboard Dan! If you are in an area with a lot of history like that and you want a machine that is good for relic hunting, but still want one that can coin shoot really good! I'd go for the AT Pro! Not that the F5 is a bad machine! I have 3 fisher machines right now, they make awesome MD's I just think you would be better off with the AT! Hope this helps, there are a lot of good people on here and they are all very helpful! Good luck & HH

Thanks guys! Hopefully some picworthy finds will go up soon, dependent on the nice man in brown delivering my new detector and the temp rising enough that polar bears won't bother me on the beach!

Welcome from White Plains, New York!

Good luck to you! Long Island is a metal detecting dream, from farm fields to white sandy beaches! There are a lot of Long Islanders on the forum, as well as a few Westchester County folk like me here. Big Gold to you! :cool:

Hi ya Dan!
Welcome to the best forum on the planet!
Kansas says hello.:yes:

Welcome from CT!

Welcome, Dan! I'm from across the sound in CT. If you ever feel like making the swim, let me know and we can do some MDing here. I know I would love to check out L.I. too!

Hello Dan, welcome to the forum. I'm from the Nassau Co. area. Where are you based? Sooner or later we'll end up meeting some place. I get around when and wherever I can. Good luck hunting.

Thanks again for the warm welcome folks! Glad to meet you all.

Hi Joe - I'm in Huntington, a tad East of you in Suffolk. I'm sure we will run into each other sooner or later! If so, I'm buying the beers.

To the CT lads - hello to you! I'm only 7 miles across the sound from Stamford and take my boat over there a fair bit in the summertime. Would love to MD in CT sometime in the coming year!

Cheers
Dan

Hi Dan,I'm pretty close to you in East Northport.Welcome and good luck in the coming year.Perhaps we can get a hunt going sometime.

Hi Tom - thanks and yeah absolutely, I'd be up for a hunt. Doing a bit of research right now into areas I want to hunt around here once the warmer weather starts returning and aim to send out some permission request letters sometime soon. If I get some positive responses and if you're interested then I'll give you a shout and we can hit the dirt! Ditto for Joe in Nassau or any other member (local or otherwise) that would like to join in.

I'm figuring early spring for these more targeted hunts since work will be nuts up until about April or so. In the meantime I'll be most likely hitting the town beaches (of which there are 8) as soon as I get that AT Pro I've got my eye on since I want to be proficient before I start relic shooting.

Cheers!

Im in Huntington Long Island I am new to MD

Hey all,

I always like metal detecting and was introduced into it again by a friend in OHIO. I am getting my ctx 3030 soon and would like to go to the beaches and try to find some things. I would like to go with some people who know what they are doing. I am free thur fri sunday's every week so I got free time. email me at [email protected] if anyone is interested in mding with me.

Daniel

Back
Top Bottom