What's better than two bucks?

Kapi

Forum Supporter
Two bucks and a 22 inch 14K chain!

The ocean was rough today but I finished the day victorious!

I had just dug back to back small pieces of aluminum foil in the wash and thought I was on a third. I was encouraged when the wave rushed over the spot marked with my foot yet the target remained but as I finally got the signal out of the sand I was surprised to see the chain half hanging out of the top of the scoop.

It was very hard staying on targets. The current was very strong and the waves 2-3 foot and close together. The spot was producing some nice greenies but the waves made it nearly impossible to retrieve many of them. The surf will be even bigger now for the next week so no chance of getting back into the water until it calms back down.

Attachments

• June 18 17  Gold chain.jpg
    June 18 17 Gold chain.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 492
  • Mr. Shell with Chain.jpg
    Mr. Shell with Chain.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 469
On the gold chain, how did it hit on the Excalibur?

It sounded like a tiny piece of tin foil, very low tone and very small. I thought I was digging either a tiny piece of tin can or a swivel bead. (But was hoping it was a small gold ring-glad it wasn't!)

Very Nice save Barbra!! You earned that baby enduring the surf gods!!

Two bucks...:laughing: Love that! The legal carrying length for blades here erm...tiny. My odds of finding a nice buck are pretty small.

That chain is a beauty! Wow! That's gotta be deeply satisfying to see that hanging out of your scoop! Congrats! :thumbsup:

Nice recovery on the gold, a trash signal many would ignore. Those knives look salvageable. WTG
DL

Back
Top Bottom