First cold call and a surprising absolutely no way, no chance ever, response.

Older people are constantly bombarded by scams. There are phone scams, email scams, pop-up ad scams, snail mail scams, traveling salesman scams, shopping mall kiosk scams. So many predators looking for someone that is not thinking right because of some medication or something. A guy door knocking is seen as just another scammer.

I detect a farm where the husband is retired gov. and she was a secretary for the FBI. the farm is run down, the old ford truck and station wagon are on their last leg. she has made it known several times that she doesn't trust the banks. she handles her own money. I was told I can detect the creeks, fields, and woods. stay out of the old barn and back yard with the grass chest high. hmmmm ???? money in mason jars??????? lol

We had copperheads found in my Mother's yard, which is mowed. The exterminator left and wouldn't even consider handling it. Probably just didnt want the liability. If someone made me the same offer, I would assume that the person wouldn't show me anything really good that they found..

We had copperheads found in my Mother's yard, which is mowed. The exterminator left and wouldn't even consider handling it. Probably just didnt want the liability. If someone made me the same offer, I would assume that the person wouldn't show me anything really good that they found..

she has never asked to see anything we found. my U.S. belt buckle came from her creek. I used to enter copperhead hunts on the Susquehanna. lol. they both are drawing a butt load of money..... I can honestly say... they aren't spending it! lol

Rule of Thumb...If you knock on a strangers door and an Old Woman answers it, just turn around a go away..Unless you are our Forum Brother 'Beephead'...He seems to have a magical way with Old Ladies!..They will let him dig up their yard and even make him Lunch! :laughing::laughing:

Years and years ago one of my childhood friend's Aunt lived in an 1856 house. We were only allowed in the downstairs parlor and nowhere else. She absolutely forbade anyone to go upstairs and it was always a big mystery to us kids. I think she thought of the upstairs as a private, pristine area filled with old memories and wanted nobody else to ever go there. After she died, we did get up there and it was kinda spooky but nothing special. There was, though, a hidden "safe room" large enough to stand in. :shock:

Back
Top Bottom