2020 FMDF Christmas Gift Exchange

Oops, I forgot to show these cool tungsten rings up close. And also some gold I got from the pay dirt he sent me!

Attachments

• FD3E3714-C9A6-4002-9858-92AD706857B4.jpg
    FD3E3714-C9A6-4002-9858-92AD706857B4.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,084
  • 52B8AE95-B8C9-49FF-87E7-8D8C17AF77AD.jpg
    52B8AE95-B8C9-49FF-87E7-8D8C17AF77AD.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,113
Last edited:
Jimther and I swapped gifts. Kind of fun being that we are on complete other ends of the good ole US of A. The package he sent me showed up today and I couldn't be more pleased. A ounce of silver in the form of a prospector coin! a few awesome coins and some history to help identify finds!!! Love it.

But best of all so far has been the pleasant experience of meeting Jim and swapping stories. Merry Christmas 🎅 everyone!! And thank you Jim..

Attachments

• 20201215_174717.jpg
    20201215_174717.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 595
Coinshark and I have exchanged addresses and I mailed his gift this evening! I'm excited for him to get it and looking forward to what he sent, too! :D :present:

I can’t wait for you to get it!
I finally got to the post office when the line only had 5 people.
It felt like Christmas...pun intended. :gettree:

Jimther and I swapped gifts. Kind of fun being that we are on complete other ends of the good ole US of A. The package he sent me showed up today and I couldn't be more pleased. A ounce of silver in the form of a prospector coin! a few awesome coins and some history to help identify finds!!! Love it.

But best of all so far has been the pleasant experience of meeting Jim and swapping stories. Merry Christmas 🎅 everyone!! And thank you Jim..

Very happy that you're pleased with everything I sent, Ken. I enjoyed pulling these items together for you. When I learned that you were in Northern California, I thought the "gold-panning prospector" silver round would be a good fit. Your gift should arrive tomorrow, according to the USPS Tracker. Can't wait.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Still on lockdown

I tested positive for the virus but I feel great I have not been sick. I have been gathering things for my gift exchange for Ohiodigger. But until I can get off quarantine I can't go to the Post Office I'm not allowed out until the 23rd! This is so ridiculous I feel fine! Just going stir-crazy! :waiting:

PS - have received Ohiodigger's package and I'm saving it for Christmas Day!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! ⛄🎄🎅

Last edited:
I went to a battle site near my uncle's house. You can probably look some up. I found pieces of grenades and bullets. My uncle found some giant shells and a canteen. People find live grenades there, and bullets littler the surface of the ground everywhere!
The beaches are also nice for metal detecting.

Any good up on the hill and in the river by the Leo Palace resort?

I received my package from Real_Rat_Fink today. Awesome stuff...some great chocolates (no picture because they didn't last long enough :) ), a set of wireless earbuds (great for a backup for my Nox), and some old coins and tokens....

Thank you very much and have a VERY Merry Christmas
Want to thank Pryan for some amazing gifts! He really went over the top, next year I'll have to up my game, maybe some gold coins. Wow, wireless headphones, super bright headlamp, magnifier, coin holders, and homemade toffee! My wife and in laws took the toffee immediately. Whoever gets pryan next year is a lucky forum member, huge thanks to Pryan and the forum for this fun way to celebrate Christmas!PXL_20201217_045107760~2.jpgPXL_20201217_045234578.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Want to thank Pryan for some amazing gifts! He really went over the top, next year I'll have to up my game, maybe some gold coins. Wow, wireless headphones, super bright headlamp, magnifier, coin holders, and homemade toffee! My wife and in laws took the toffee immediately. Whoever gets pryan next year is a lucky forum member, huge thanks to Pryan and the forum for this fun way to celebrate Christmas!View attachment 476773View attachment 476774

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Pryan is a champion among competitors indeed! :wincup:

I received jackalopeZL1's gift package in the mail yesterday. A nice group of really nice and useful gifts Ken sent me. Thanks so much ! I already used the Milwaukee work gloves today while working out in the cold to repair the traction drive on my snowblower.

- Besides the gloves, Ken sent a Buck 119 hunting knife with sheath. This model has been around since 1942 and is a classic. Love it !

- Also in the gift pack was a great little dual power flashlight, which changes from "Flood" to "Spot" easily by sliding the head from front to back. It can easily be clipped to your cap visor or belt.

Thanks Ken and Merry Christmas to all.

Jim

Attachments

• FMDF gift_2020.JPG
    FMDF gift_2020.JPG
    168 KB · Views: 436
Last edited:
Holiday gift, Thank You!

Received Wolf-Dogs gift!
I found out my wife had it in the back of her car for the past two days with all our other mail.

Just awesome...had fun digging these out of a small bucket of dirt.
Thank you for everything!!!
Technically, these are from my last dig of the year!
My Best Dig of the year!!!

Attachments

• 2E73EAF6-46CB-48D1-8D6D-249A5529A2A0.jpg
    2E73EAF6-46CB-48D1-8D6D-249A5529A2A0.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 438
Received Wolf-Dogs gift!
I found out my wife had it in the back of her car for the past two days with all our other mail.

Just awesome...had fun digging these out of a small bucket of dirt.
Thank you for everything!!!
Technically, these are from my last dig of the year!
My Best Dig of the year!!!
You're welcome, Rick! I'm glad you had fun & like what I sent. :cool3:

I'm really looking forward to mine, it's supposed to come today, but it says arriving late, so it might come tomorrow. :present:

Where at in Guam? I be there Jan 1st to end of March.

I went to a battle site near my uncle's house. You can probably look some up. I found pieces of grenades and bullets. My uncle found some giant shells and a canteen. People find live grenades there, and bullets littler the surface of the ground everywhere!
The beaches are also nice for metal detecting.

The place is still littered with stuff. There’s a place called Jeff’s Pirate Cove...the best cheese burgers on the island and the area around there had heavy gun fire.
In 2006, I could still pickup corroded bullet shells off the beach. No digging.

Finally off quarantine!

Now I can finally go to the post office and get Ohiodiggers package on its way! I called the health department yesterday and was told that the new quarantine length is 10 days not 14! And they said I should have already been off of quarantine on the 17th 4 days ago today!

Got Stiffwrists gift in this weekend. He gave an absolutely incredible present. Thank you so much Tyler.
3 awesome silver certificates (which made my day)
A chunky silver ring that he dug himself
A 1925 SLQ
An 1857 seated quarter in great condition
A cool skeleton key that he also dug
2 neat tokens he dug
A buff & a v Nickel
& An American Digger magazine

Attachments

• IMG_5531.jpg
    IMG_5531.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_5532.jpg
    IMG_5532.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 374
Got Stiffwrists gift in this weekend. He gave an absolutely incredible present. Thank you so much Tyler.
3 awesome silver certificates (which made my day)
A chunky silver ring that he dug himself
A 1925 SLQ
An 1857 seated quarter in great condition
A cool skeleton key that he also dug
2 neat tokens he dug
A buff & a v Nickel
& An American Digger magazine

That's the magazine with my seated love token! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom