• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Good service at Teknetics

RichieSoprano

Early today I had reinstalled my coil after doing a truck bed liner application(which came out beautifully). I took a test swing or two and heard a clicking sound. Closer examination revealed that the lower arm was loose. Went to tighten the collar......and it was already tight. After several abortive attempts at loosening, retighteningb and taping with electrical tape...I was just about going to epoxy the two arms together permanently when I decided to call Teknetics repair to see what they thought. Spoke to Art, who said that sometimes the little cam thingies(not his words) inside the collar get moved around or whatever and he said he would just send me the parts and would I please call him and he would walk me thru replacement. Now that's really excellent service. He said it would go out Monday. So probably after my prostate appointment at the VA I will have time to fix the teknetics shaft. Sorta seems poetic doesn't it? LOL.
Once I heal up then it's back 2 digging. If worse comes to worst, I will epoxy the shafts together and lock it down with the collar when I glue em. Boy sure hope my doc doesn't go for plan "B".....

Update. After two phone calls and two promises to mail the shaft collar, and two and a half weeks of a floppy coil, and still no parts, I finally emailed Tom Walsh for help. Fairly quickly I received an email from the employee I had dealt wwith. He stated that he had sent two out. THIS time however I got the tracking number the employee promised me the second time I had previously called. I checked the neighbors as we are the only year round residents due to the snowpack and harsh conditions....and nothing. Hopefully I will get the dang collar and install it with their assistance ovDr the phone. I did also contact a dealer who carries Plugger's Rods collars. If this one also fails I am gonna pick two of those up and the heck with the factory collars. Sad really. I truly enjoy this detector. Hope this is just a one off service glitch.

Biopsy? That can be a PITA!

Hope you heal up fine and the results are satisfactory.

2nd update:FedEx says delivery by end of business 8/26. So will call Teknetics for walk thru Tuesday. Also fwiw- spoke to a rep at Linzer paint products. The sell flip style cam locks....Very heavy duty which just happen to fit. She is sending me TWO just to try out if the tek ones fail. And if everything fails...well, I know epoxy and rod wraps WON'T!

3rd Update. Finally got the parts and Art walked me thru the install which went quickly. That's the upside. On the other hand the wobble and clicking came back in about 5 minutes and now the upper collar is not tight. So....called Art. He is offering a free eval if I mail it in. Now I am waiting to hear if I have to pony up for shipping. It's just 3 months old, and here in Maine ground freezes fast in the fall. Hope they can make something happen fast

Last text is they're gonna take it in no charge either direction or to look at it. Tho I did find the top collar looked to be the issue, not so much the bottom one. I asked for one more collar in case that fixes it and it will save them mailing the whole thing

They're sending one more collar. That should finish the issue. Wish locking collars were just a bit more rugged! But I am very thankful for their patience and yes....good service.

Funny thing about First Texas Products - Fisher, Tesoro, Bounty Hunter.

You can reach the CEO, Tom Walsh or the VP of Marketing and Sales, Tim Mallory with a simple email if the usually helpful folks at Customer Service fail to satisfy you.

Try that at any other manufacturer (except for Dilek at Makro - she’s OK too).

At first I was pretty down on my Tek Gamma but after logging in 100's of hours in the field I grew to love it. Glad to see that they have good customer support. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Tek product.

Back
Top Bottom