Private Sports Field Keeps Giving

Terry Soloman

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
The college sports field that I found the gold ring on recently continues to produce for me. On Saturday I was able to get a solid three-hours in, and came up with $14.27 in clad coins, a small Ipod (doesn’t work), and a Sterling chain and pendent. The targets range from dropped yesterday and on the surface, to around 7” and 1965 (keep missing silver by that much!). There is very little garbage on the field so far, but the can slaw that is there usually sounds like a legitimate target.

Today I got in only about an hour-and-a-half, before one of the girls teams came out for some practice. I did manage some deeper clad targets, a mood ring, peace sign pendent (Brass or Copper I think), and what may be a couple of old buttons (?), maybe one of you can tell me. Anyway, nothing earth shattering yet, but I have only detected 1/3 of the field in one direction! Cool Beans! :cool:

Attachments

• BH2.jpg
    BH2.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 345
  • BH6.jpg
    BH6.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 341
  • BH7.jpg
    BH7.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 337
  • BH5.jpg
    BH5.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 339
  • BH3.jpg
    BH3.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 337
  • BH4.jpg
    BH4.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 337
  • BH1.jpg
    BH1.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 341
Nice finds Terry! I found an identical man's ring in our local park a few months back. At first I thought I had found a man's wedding band, and then I figured it may be a mood ring. This kinda confirms my suspicion :)

That's a heaping load of clad. You must've dug your butt off. Nice job.

If I was working a field like that, I would work a grid pattern. Do small sections at a time. Then, when I finished the whole field, I would do it again but do it in a diagonal grid. You'll see how many targets you missed. You'll be amazed.

Ah, an old iPod Shuffle. Doesn't work, kind of like mine!

Of course I accidentally washed mine in a pair of pants.

Back
Top Bottom