quite a day with a newbie

leslie(nova scotia)

Elite Member
Today was the day I finally took out Marc detecting. He and I work the cruise detail plus have a history going back to when we both worked in the halfway house. Picked him up and we headed towards the valley. The day started off cloudy and overcast but soon changed to a scorcher . Marc(henceforth known as Marcus Orileous) was given the 5 minute course on operating Quota Guru number 2 while I swung no#1 which is missing a knob.

Wasn't long before M.O. had his first ever coin. Meantime no#1 had found a working watch, 68 quarter along with a few other goodies including a nice 925 "O" with a mauve stone.. Got "stoned" with quota plus 8 coming shortly after!

A local detectorist named Tim wandered over and we chatted for a tad. Fellow was telling us about his finds as well as the joy he was having having found the hobby.

We headed home shortly thereafter and chatted up a storm about this and that as well as the hobby. I informed M.O. that this hobby is based on the loss of others. Then a clairvoyant deep Bluenoser thought hit me. I turned to Marcus and stated, "We are all above this hobby which is beneath us!" Marcus had been bitten today. Not by a bug but the hobby. Lord love a duck just what the world needs......another digaholic! marcus Orileous ended up with half a dozen coins. Not bad for a first time!

Attachments

• stoned.jpg
    stoned.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 308
  • ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 331
  • stoned ring quota.jpg
    stoned ring quota.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 299
I hope you realize you have just created your own competition. But it is fun to have some one to detect with. As usual a good bunch of finds.

Back
Top Bottom