A Happy Ending to A Tragic Story

Zippo

Elite Member
While having coffee this morning my wife came across this post on a Facebook group:

"I have a very strange request does anyone have a metal detector I could use for a day ... Yesterday I witnessed a wreck ... Long story short the women in the wreck had her husbands wedding band on her hand and it got lost in the wreck her husband died tragically in a car wreck two months ago, it would mean so much to have the ring back I know it is a long shot but I thought it was worth a try !"

We replied and met the lady at the location of the accident, several miles out of town on a farm to market road. She told us that she went to school with the guy that had been killed in the accident two months ago. The wife that was in the accident was ok but was only going to visit her in laws when she had the accident and had since returned to her home in west Texas. Well after about 40 minutes of gridding off the area my wife found the missing ring and we thought she was going to do cartwheels across the road. She asked if we could hang out there for a few minutes while she went to see if the young mans mom was home just a couple of miles away.
A few minutes later the mom and her pulled up on the side of this rural road and came over to us with tears streaming down their faces and we returned the ring. The ladys hand pictured here is the mother of the young man that had died in the accident two months ago.
picture.php

Thanks everyone this was our first "return" , and hopefully if the opportunity should ever come up that we could help someone else in a situation like this it we will be lucky enough again to get a coil over the right spot.

Barry I'll sure tell her!

Now there is a story worthy of being in the paper, not all this other crud that is happening. Great Job and well done.

Some major awesome karma will be coming your way for this one. Nice job to you and your wife!

Thanks again guys, I'm still smiling about this and can't imagine that my wife or I will ever have a find of any kind that would make us feel as happy as this one has :lol:

Great job that is what it is all about. I bet you and your wife were more thrilled with that find than any other object you've ever found for yourself. This is the type of story that should be in the Washington post or told in all the city council meetings looking at banning our hobby. Thanks for setting the example for all of us to follow.

That brought a tear to my eye.

Very proud of stories like this and I agree with GW3735 it should be and the places that are banning this hobby need a nail in their head to plug up the leakage of their gray matter.

Nice job. It's odd being the only option for people in these situations. I mean it's us, or literally using methods available to people 3,000+ years ago like spreading and sifting.

Back
Top Bottom