My biggest gold ring is getting returned!

NCtoad

Forum Supporter
I found this one last thursday with my brand new equinox: http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=258081
From the initials on the inside and a quick search I found the guy. My wife had a mutual facebook friend of his and they gave me his phone number. Just called him and he was very excited. Said he lost it about 3 years ago. I'll be meeting him tomorrow at the soccer field where I found it.

I know it’s always a debate many like to have as to whether one should return or not. I know you have to make that choice for yourself but I wouldn’t fault you either way....
Good will has a boomerang effect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get pictures of the return..If offered, politely refuse any kind of cash reward...at least once...then graciously accept it if he insists...or else you deprive him of a future blessing......thats the basic format! :laughing:

That is pretty awesome of you to return it.Just goes to show what kind of people we have on this site. If you weren’t so far I would buy ya a beer myself .

Get pictures of the return..If offered, politely refuse any kind of cash reward...at least once...then graciously accept it if he insists...or else you deprive him of a future blessing......thats the basic format! :laughing:

X2

Karma, karma..

Instead of cash reward, you could ask the gent to repay your kind act with 10 random acts of kindness to total strangers. Once completed, he can consider the debt paid in full..

Everyone walks away feeling great and the world is a better place for it, one kind act at a time..

I returned a Cartier 18k ring to a Chinese girl exchange student lost at the beach. Her mother gave it to her when she left China. After I returned it to her she said she skyped her mother the story. Her mother said she couldn't believe that an American man would do that. I laughed.

Karma, karma..

Instead of cash reward, you could ask the gent to repay your kind act with 10 random acts of kindness to total strangers. Once completed, he can consider the debt paid in full..

Everyone walks away feeling great and the world is a better place for it, one kind act at a time..

:) Master Po's advice...

Back
Top Bottom