Found & Returned 40 yr old Class Ring

Cyber Rosco

Found a 40 year old Gold, University Class ring and re-united it with its owner today. It only took a matter of minutes to locate the person using the Internet. The person said they had lost several rings in the past -- but this particular ring had the most sentimental value to him. He lost the ring, the day before he got married. He was playing baseball and not hitting very well. So, he took his ring off and set it down, next to the bench, and when he returned to go home -- the ring was gone! He was so panicked that he lost it and looked for hours -- naturally, he thought it was gone forever. He was very appreciative that someone would take the time to return something of such value. His quote was, "There are not too many people around, like you, who would make such an effort to return such a sentimental treasure." So, the ring and its rightful owner have been re-united...AND....I made a new friend in the process!
:sweet:

Nice to know a person appreciates the extra effort that you went through to return an item that you didn't have to!

That is just as much of a relic as it is a ring. I bet he will take that ring out on a regular basis to live those memories again. I would have liked to have seen the look on his face both when he was told, and when he first seen the ring.

Great job!!! So the area you found it, is it still used as a ball field? You do our hobby proud!!

Found a 40 year old Gold, University Class ring and re-united it with its owner today. It only took a matter of minutes to locate the person using the Internet. The person said they had lost several rings in the past -- but this particular ring had the most sentimental value to him. He lost the ring, the day before he got married. He was playing baseball and not hitting very well. So, he took his ring off and set it down, next to the bench, and when he returned to go home -- the ring was gone! He was so panicked that he lost it and looked for hours -- naturally, he thought it was gone forever. He was very appreciative that someone would take the time to return something of such value. His quote was, "There are not too many people around, like you, who would make such an effort to return such a sentimental treasure." So, the ring and its rightful owner have been re-united...AND....I made a new friend in the process!

Great job! Shows alot of character. I'm glad you had a positive experience with the owner. I returned a ring to a woman and felt like I was bothering her. It was her husbands ring and he passed a few months prior.

His quote was, "There are not too many people around, like you, who would make such an effort to return such a sentimental treasure." So, the ring and its rightful owner have been re-united...AND....I made a new friend in the process!

Thank you for taking the time and effort to track down the owner and return the ring. Making new friends is what it's all about. Job well done.

Firstring

I look forward to the day when I can do something like that as well. Awesome job!

awesome job!! Was there a reward involved?

Back
Top Bottom