Lucky Seated right at dusk

CharlieT84

Elite Member
Last evening I was hunting with very little luck and was waiting on my hunting partner to finish as it was getting dark. He was a few hundred yards away and I am so glad he didn't quit when I was ready to go- I never would have found the two silver coins. He was finding a number of dropped quarters as I was hunting an area that held far fewer, but older coins. Sunset was 6pm and it was overcast so at 6:19 when I received a surface 31 reading on the nox I bent over and felt with my finger- The 1945 D quarter was barely under the grass. Unbelievable! 10 minutes later I saw the lights from his car go on so I knew he was coming back. I turned to walk towards my car and hit a nice 27-29 reading. I found the 1875 seated dime down about 5 inches. Had to use the pin point light to see it. Nice 15 minute ending to the 2 1/2 hour hunt.

Attachments

• IMG_1595r.jpg
    IMG_1595r.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 570
  • IMG_1597r.jpg
    IMG_1597r.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 537
  • IMG_1598r.jpg
    IMG_1598r.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 587
Wow, great finds. Love the seated. Never give up till the very end.

1916 Barber and 1944 Mercury

Went back to the same spot I was at late last evening where I found the seated dime. This time I found a Merc and a Barber. Almost had a trifecta. LOL

Attachments

• IMG_1599r.jpg
    IMG_1599r.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 510
  • IMG_1600r.jpg
    IMG_1600r.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 490
  • IMG_1603r.jpg
    IMG_1603r.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 499
  • IMG_1605r.jpg
    IMG_1605r.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 485
Those late finds are the surprises you will never forget. Sometimes I pretend to leave a site and start walking back to the truck hoping for one of those last minute bucket listers.

Wow

The Merc and the Barber are in really good condition. Just think, you might not have gone back there if you had not found the seated the night before. You did get the trifecta, it just took you two days. I guess that don't count. Oh well, you got some mighty good finds there.
HH everyone

Nice silver haul, Charlie! That Seated is awesome, and crazy that the quarter was so shallow. It’s funny how often those last few minutes turn up the best finds of a hunt. I’m at the point that I always swing my way back to the car...which usually gets me in trouble, because I always end up late for wherever I’m supposed to be next :lol:

And the Barber and Merc made for a cool “stretched” trifecta. Mercs are my favorite dime design, so I always enjoy seeing those come out, and Barbers are always a treat just for their age and the era they represent. Great hunting!

Wow, great finds. Love the seated. Never give up till the very end.

Wow! Nice coins!! Congrats!!

Oh man that’s just killer! Congrats on the last minute seated, and the Wash too!!!

You lucky dog! A seated anything is a bucket lister for me!:dingding:

Those late finds are the surprises you will never forget. Sometimes I pretend to leave a site and start walking back to the truck hoping for one of those last minute bucket listers.

1916 Barber, last year. Nice

Thank you all.

The Merc and the Barber are in really good condition. Just think, you might not have gone back there if you had not found the seated the night before. You did get the trifecta, it just took you two days. I guess that don't count. Oh well, you got some mighty good finds there.
HH everyone
Your right there! I went back because of those two surprise finds.
Nice silver haul, Charlie! That Seated is awesome, and crazy that the quarter was so shallow. It’s funny how often those last few minutes turn up the best finds of a hunt. I’m at the point that I always swing my way back to the car...which usually gets me in trouble, because I always end up late for wherever I’m supposed to be next :lol:

And the Barber and Merc made for a cool “stretched” trifecta. Mercs are my favorite dime design, so I always enjoy seeing those come out, and Barbers are always a treat just for their age and the era they represent. Great hunting!
Thanks Ben, I also like the Mercs alot, but for some reason the Barber fronts are my fav.

Back
Top Bottom