• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

What do you think?

Could I detect the state capitol lawn without the cops busting me?

Not a chance. 😅

You mean Sacramento "Capitol park", right ? If so, it's been detected a lot. It still has silver though , because a lot of local Sacramento md'rs consider it off-limits. So therefore the other Sacramento oldtown parks have had more pressure than Capitol park has. Thus it's still possible to get old silver out of Capitol park.

In actual reality, it's no different than any park in any city : You might get a "scram" and you might not (simply because someone thinks you're going to leave a hole). Cops and park workers routinely ignore md'rs. But other times you might get a scram. As far as any actual specific rule, I suppose it would fall under CA state parks rules. In which case, there's no formal/specific prohibition, other than cultural heritage verbiage. Fine then, you're only looking for clad, right ? :roll: Or alter and deface verbiage (which is no different than any other park in the state).

If I'm wrong and this singular park, administered by the state, has a singular rule specific to detecting, then all I can say is this : It's not enforced. The park is regularly detected. Oh sure, don't stick out like a sore thumb at high noon. :roll: Like any nicely manicured turf, you need to be "discreet" so as not to offend the squeamish.

Back
Top Bottom