Safety first!

Remember to have all your orange cones out when parked. Front and rear driver’s side, and one one the passenger side so when picked up, you do the “circle of safety”. This also applies when gassing up at the station. You can’t be too safe! The life you save may be your own.

Remember to have all your orange cones out when parked. Front and rear driver’s side, and one one the passenger side so when picked up, you do the “circle of safety”. This also applies when gassing up at the station. You can’t be too safe! The life you save may be your own.

Is this a serious post? :D

Why in God's green earth would you stick your hand in a hole that you can't see ? Idk. I'm not a pro when it comes to being a dirt digger. If I saw that glass/bottlecap , why not use your tool to dig it out ? Don't even take a chance. Glove or no glove. Seems like a no brainer or no brains too me.
Some jokes come to mind but I’ll not go Andrew dice clay! :laughing:

I keep forgetting to grab my gloves, recent major so cal beach I was blown away with the glass and razor sharp metal I found. Luckily sand scooped instead of grabbed!

I don't dig with my hands so I have never been cut. I rely on my digging tool and sometimes my pinpointer to break up small clumps of dirt to see whats inside. Only when I know whats there do I use my hand.

Same here. When I started out bottledigging (14 y.o.) I stupidly would get down to where the bottle was, then stick my hand in and finish freeing it up - only to feel that weird slicing and pull out a bloody finger/hand. I learned very quickly to just use my small digger and other tools around it and extract it after I could see what I had. VERY seldom broke any bottle that way. Most that came out broke were in the ground that way already. I MD the same way. Gloves are just too bulky for intricate work like that for me. Cannot remember last time I was cut.

The same for driving in winter with a cold steering wheel. I never could wear gloves driving.

A lot of utility company’s require such things. Even when stopping at McDonald’s to eat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, sure, but that's a CYA thing as they are afraid of lawsuits. That being said, I do keep cones in the rig. :D

I do the same thing. And since I swing my detector with my right hand, the handgrip doesn't get dirty. :cool3:

I've been wearing 2 Harbor Freight specials and YES I have a dirty grip...on my detector that is. But what a great idea...I am gonna lose the right one and keep my grip clean from now on.

Back
Top Bottom