lost platium...

(Heavy)

Elite Member
Ok I'm bucking for this hunt if none of you locals arent already there :lol:

Lost platium wedding band in a "tragic"
slip and slide accident. Ring should be
in a 1000-2000 sq ft area of a mowed
yard.

replied already in e-mail and we shall see if he calls, do any of you guys know how platinum reads to a V3i that would be extremly helpful.

Sounds good Chicago -- Let me know how it goes so I can keep the website up to date...

If you do find it make sure to send a story and pics for me to post as a Success Story !!!

fogcity

Sounds good Chicago -- Let me know how it goes so I can keep the website up to date...

If you do find it make sure to send a story and pics for me to post as a Success Story !!!

fogcity

you are the lostmystuff host arent you?
imagesCA2ZT3C7.jpg

Well he replied so I guess we do this later this week at his request. I will report the event and get him on tape using my ACE and a PP as he likes the idea that he can LOL. Might as well recruit him into the hobby.

jackchief2.jpg
Chief insisted on a background check (linkedin.com) shows him as a professional and looks like insurance is his business. Google Earth is looking good for North Aurora... so yea I got this one Fogcity.

Now let me say I think what you have set up here is not only useful to the general public but down right fun! Life is good for you and Cheif say "you make um good website"

LOL --

Yep... I'm the Lost My Stuff guy. Glad you like the site & especially the Group.

Good luck on your hunt!!!

LOL --

Yep... I'm the Lost My Stuff guy. Glad you like the site & especially the Group.

Good luck on your hunt!!!

I would think you might like to see what conversations look like behind the scenes. You pretty much get disconnented at that point don't you?
thanks again Fogcity... you are a good man

Well ---

Hopefully over time more & more detectorists with the same attitude as you and and our other members will join the Group and as we thus grow larger & larger we'll be able to help more & more people find their stuff for FREE!!!

Thanks for your compliments!!

fogcity

Ring Found.... :)

but with a twist
jackchief2.jpg
Chief says it don't count.

ringbush1.jpg

ringbush.jpg

patinumring.jpg

Kevin lost his platinum in his backyard while playing with his kids on a slip-in-slide. His lovely wife and he had rented a detector with no success prior to contacting lostmystuff.net

I run pinpoint mode on V3i in a grid search of the entire backyard while Kevin worked willy-nilly with my ACE 250 where he thought it might have fell. Discriminating out all but foil to nickel either one of the machines should have screamed if this platinum was in the lawn... it wasn't.

We sat and talked about the incident, his wife made burgers. We imagined the slip-in-slide to be harboring the ring somehow, we thought about the canopy that was over the deck (he climbed up to look) he took a pretty good spill when he flung it off so anything was possible. Then we spoke about the stone deck itself but he said he would have heard that bouncing around. I suggested waiting for fall to take down the vegetation around the bushes and look again. I remember saying, but those evergreens will never give up thier leaves.

Bushes ummm, we had laughed about it being in a bush earlier in the hunt. I said my good night and Kevin was very gracious about the EPIC FAIL but I guess those bushes just kept him going :lol: After I got home he called and sent these pictures.

moral of the story; shake the bushes
jack.jpg

Kevin's yard was so clean! new build, one owner and a pleasentville fenced in lawn of perfection :lol: but the ring was in the tree
untitled.jpg

You did good !!!

Kevin sent me an email telling me how much he appreciated all you did (I'll forward you a copy in a bit).

I also put your story up on Lost My Stuff...

You did good !!!

Kevin sent me an email telling me how much he appreciated all you did (I'll forward you a copy in a bit).

I also put your story up on Lost My Stuff...

that's cool... I will keep watching for local action from your site. It was a nice evening and I enjoyed the hunt and the free meal.

Martini says if he knew there were burgers he would have went
imagesCA5RSMFW.jpg

Back
Top Bottom