Lost park stays lost, still hit two silvers.

crusader234

Elite Member
Went looking for an old amusement park dated 1896 along the Delaware river. did lots of research, learnt all about the history,all about the three steam ships which brought people from philly and all over. It burnt down and closed in 1916. ( had dreams of newly minted 1916D mercs all over the place lol) narrowed down the site..... Seems someone put an oil refinery on top of it. Its a travesty and really unfair:no:

Nice view of the Ben Franklin bridge though....

4.jpg

Couldnt find any trace so called it a bust and left.
Rather than go home skunked I stopped by my old town curb hunting spot (headmixforyou knows where I mean.) Picked a curb opposite from where Id found two barber dimes and a merc a while back. Got another silver ring at 80 on the atpro (deja-vous from last night!) and a Merc! a few feet away! also a 1940 wheat. so im a happy camper two days in a row....HH
2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

nice finds! I know how you feel about building something over a historical site. There are a bunch of natural hot spring resorts in california that now belong to various industries like oil rigging and power generators. Makes you sad to do research and get excited about an old site but only to learn its now off limits because a rock quary or something has destroyed the site.

Congrats love to see u pull out the goods, maybe ill run into.

Have u tried sunset park it was amusement park over by the crazy cat I found some stuff there dating arou d 1917 just gotta work trash also a few merc on ball field there

Unfortunately, more and more of our beautiful sites, and possibilities are being destroyed by "progress", it's a real shame. We lost a lot of great sites over here due to that. Anyway I'm glad you made up for it with a nice hunt. Congrats! :)

Back
Top Bottom