Paying with plastic thing of the past? Maybe so with Amazon ...

When I saw that article it immediately reminded me of "Revelation 13:16-17" which talks about a time when having a "mark" in your hand or forehead will be mandatory in order to buy or sell !

That palm print could be a "stepping stone" to get people more receptive to the idea of a chip implant. (NO thank you to that idea !)

(just a couple basic comments without going into more detail to avoid breaking the rules about political or religious discussions)

It's not an exaggeration or paranoia to say that we are becoming the actual product that is being bought and sold. Or, more specifically, our information.

When I saw that article it immediately reminded me of "Revelation 13:16-17" which talks about a time when having a "mark" in your hand or forehead will be mandatory in order to buy or sell !

That palm print could be a "stepping stone" to get people more receptive to the idea of a chip implant. (NO thank you to that idea !)

(just a couple basic comments without going into more detail to avoid breaking the rules about political or religious discussions)

Totally agree. It looks to me like the first step of that coming to pass.
It seems to me like there could be some other motives for that idea also. No thanks, not for me.

Too much trouble pulling out a card from your wallet. Too much trouble scanning your phone. So much easier and cool to do, to wave your hand over a scanner.............perfect for the upcoming lazy generation.......

As a child of the technological age and the the surprise of many, I agree with Metaladdict. Not for me. I dont even use my phone to pay for stuff.

I don't have a smart phone. It is armored against drops, it makes phone calls, and does text messages. Even if it could access web pages (it might handle simple ones), they would be too tiny for my old eyes to see. I don't ever intend to use my phone to try and pay for stuff.

Does Amazon ship fast? With Prime, yes. Not Prime, you take your chances. Is it the cheapest? VERY OFTEN, NO!

For ham radio gear, I'm close to one of the biggest sellers, Ham Radio Outlet. Stuff I buy there gets here as fast or faster than Amazon Prime. And it is always cheaper.

Coin/paper money/collectible books are reasonable on Amazon, but anyone selling coins or paper money on their Amazon reseller account is almost always marked up higher than specialty dealers.

Amazon is a "one-stop" shop, and is convenient, but with its business practices, if the CEO wasn't rich, I can't see him having many friends. :)

-- Tom

So much easier and cool to do, to wave your hand over a scanner.............perfect for the upcoming lazy generation.......

Hmmmm. You suppose this was the impetus behind the Jedi characters in Star Wars? Early on "conditioning" in order to get the next generation to accept this type of social engineering, by giving them a fantasy of being a Jedi each time they pay for something.

It's going to have a tough time getting accepted by most of society. First, due to biblical connotations, and second, I think folks will realize that their financial accounts are too exposed with an easily stolen access ability. We think credit/debit cards are to easily scanned, it'll be just as easy, if not easier, to steal implanted info. Tracking will be much more prevalent at retail outlets. Notice the RFID detectors at the entrance doors to "prevent" shoplifting? Those will also be utilized to see how often, and when during the day, you visit certain outlets.

"Progress" has outpaced common sense.

Roger

I think I may need to consider taking off my tinfoil lined baseball hat and start wearing tinfoil lined gloves [emoji1787] Sorry...couldn't resist.

Hey, Yooper! Keep that hat handy.....ya never know when you might need it.
Remember George Orwell's "1984", and the thought police?

Roger

Amazon also wants access to your home so they don't have to leave a package outside. Too much invasion of privacy in my opinion. If you are on facebook they are selling your information so that companies can aim their ads at you. I suspect that Amazon and other companies are doing the same thing.

Not to mention access to your medical records and insurance information (PillPack) and the audiovisual going-ons of your household (Ring Doorbell systems, Blink security cameras, and Alexa smart assistant)...

Amazon also wants access to your home so they don't have to leave a package outside. Too much invasion of privacy in my opinion. If you are on facebook they are selling your information so that companies can aim their ads at you. I suspect that Amazon and other companies are doing the same thing.
Millions have no problem with this, and welcome it with open arms. Hey, they’re on facebook after all!

Ok if I was to get the "implant chip", I really have a fear that someone might steal and try to use it. I'm thinking that would REALLY hurt. All kidding aside, this is a no for me as well.

Back
Top Bottom