• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Bucket List Coin! Seated Liberty Dime!

FreeBirdTim

Elite Member
It was 40 degrees yesterday with a 30 MPH wind, but I went to an older ballfield to hunt anyway. Only lasted an hour, but found a bucket lister! Rang up as a 79 and 6 inches deep. Figured it was a wheatie, but it was way better than that! Pulled out an 1876 seated liberty dime! Never would have figured it was a silver dime with a 79 signal.

Looks to be in very nice shape. I didn't hit it with my digger, but I may have scratched it a little when I rubbed the dirt off of it (dumb, I know). Still a great coin, especially for a winter hunt. No in situ pics because my camera lens is acting up again, but I took a couple of cleaned up pics with an iPad.

Attachments

• img_7370 (3).jpg
    img_7370 (3).jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 628
  • img_7385 (3).jpg
    img_7385 (3).jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 584
You only need " in situ " pics for Tom in ca.

Lol! Yup, Tom loves those in situ pics! I'll be sure to fix my camera before my next good find. Hate to disappoint him with just cleaned up coin pics!

Sweet find! I just posted somewhere else we're still looking for our first Barber!

Nice one! BTW which detector were you using?

Thanks! I was using my AT Pro with the 8.5"x11" coil. I've detected this field at least a dozen times, but somehow missed this coin every previous hunt. Ground is very saturated right now, so that probably helped me out.

Thanks for all the great replies, guys! Looks like I won't be hunting ballfields for awhile. Ground is going to freeze and we're expecting up to 4" of snow. Back to the woods for the next week or two, I guess!

Wow that’s a great find! Still on my list [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A big congratulations. Love the detail on that coin. And keep your coil to the soil.

Back
Top Bottom