Threw Rings in Woods

DidIJustDoThat

I got into a really heated argument with my husband and took off my three wedding rings (4 carats total) and threw them with all my force off our deck and into the woods. Theres down trees, inches and inches of dead leaves, vines, etc. Is it even possible to locate something in such a mess?

After the anger went away, of course I am regretting that decision. Any ideas would be great. Thanks!

Probably best to have an experienced detectorist search for you so as to disturb the area as least as possible.

Post you town. Maybe someone hear can help by suggesting a way to get a detector.
BUT, the request on LOSTMYSTUFF.org goes out very quickly. Hopefully there is a member near by.

Just because you got someone out there from Lostmystuff.net, doesn't necessarily mean they know what they are doing. So far as I know, the only qualification is that you have an email address to provide services. If that person doesn't find it, don't give up. It's there and it can be found.

Lostmystuff.net also does it for free. I'm a member and have made a couple clients happy.

I actually found someone online from another source. He seemed pretty legit. Tried for over 4 hours. 25 years experience and had all kinds of fancy gadgets. We cut down a huge tree a few months back and have the logs and branches piled up about where we figure it landed. He suggested slowly clearing those out and going from there. We couldn't get under it to check Because it's so overgrown.

Just because you got someone out there from Lostmystuff.net, doesn't necessarily mean they know what they are doing. So far as I know, the only qualification is that you have an email address to provide services. If that person doesn't find it, don't give up. It's there and it can be found.

Thank you for the reassurance. I know it has to be there somewhere. There were three different rings (one solid ring and two bands) and I was hoping that since they weigh differently we might have luck with at least one or two. Also curious how far apart they could possibly be.

I actually found someone online from another source. He seemed pretty legit. Tried for over 4 hours. 25 years experience and had all kinds of fancy gadgets. We cut down a huge tree a few months back and have the logs and branches piled up about where we figure it landed. He suggested slowly clearing those out and going from there. We couldn't get under it to check Because it's so overgrown.
Probly the best way to go about it. You know the vicinity. No one else is gonna stumble across em.

Your rings could easily have spread out when you threw them, or bounced off the branches and stumps, so they traveled farther than you anticipated. Once the stumps are moved, the detectorist should take a gridding approach so that they try to cover every inch rather than wandering around in the space. Good luck finding them!

That is what I am afraid of... moving the brush, logs and weeds and possibly moving them without knowing, out of our search grid. On the other hand, if we don't, it's likely we will never find them. I really didn't look at the direction they were thrown, and not sure if they went a little to the left or right... we just have a general area. The man that looked today assured me that they couldn't have traveled more than maybe 40-50 feet... and I am hoping he is right, however I was standing on a deck that is elevated at least 12-14 feet off the ground and I threw them as hard as I could. Any idea how far something like that can travel. I know I've read that things end up way outside where people think they are.

Back
Top Bottom