• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Went to the park ...

SueLue80

Elite Member
...yesterday for a few minutes...I think there use to be either 3 small buidings or 3 family plots(I belive the land use to be part of the local cemetary)

I found a Buffalo Nickel about 6 inches down and a class ring about the same dist. down.....I wasn't there very long and was just walking and swinging...not going very slow and not in a particular pattern:roll:...I plan on going back and doing a more thorough search when I have more time:yes:

Here's some pics...:D

IMG000258.jpg

IMG000261.jpg

IMG000262.jpg

IMG000263.jpg[/ATTACH]

Thanks for lokking!! HH!!

Nice finds Suelue. I can't find a buff to save my life ugh! Congrats and Happy New Year. HH IN 10.

WTG Sue!

The ring may not be a class ring. Could be a service man's ring. Kind of har to tell from looking at the pictures, but if there is no date and no school name, it most likely is not a class ring.

Nice digs - sure sounds like a site to do more in depth hunting. Good luck, Steve in so az

Good finds SueLue80

That buffalo can be soaked in mineral oil for a few days and cleaned with a tooth pick. It’s a slow process and may reveal a date. If, you have the patience it’s worked for me sometimes.

The ring looks as Rudy said – HH Texpete

Cool finds. Try to buy some Nick-a-date. If thats what its called. I heard it works well to get the worn off date back.

WTG Sue!

The ring may not be a class ring. Could be a service man's ring. Kind of har to tell from looking at the pictures, but if there is no date and no school name, it most likely is not a class ring.

That's what I thought too...then I cleaned it a little...it says "High School" around the stone....

nice!

sue does the arrow inside ring have a letter "U"? if so that stands for uncas they made rings. for them buffalos i use a fine brass bristled brush they sell in the paint dept in Wal-Mart. the nickel is shot so make it look nice at least.here's a few i cleaned using the brush. i don't use the brush on silver or old large cents but nickels don't hold up well underground and this is my method.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=39486
dave

I went back today...only got to spend about an hour...my daughter thought it would be fun to wallow( literally) in a puddle:roll: it was like 45 degrees out....anyways.... I got $0.98 in clad, a kwikset key, a junk ring, 2 un-spent bullets( different callibers), a junk pendant, a Tom Thumb name tag (Glen)(we don't even have a Tom Thumb near here...lol), and a couple chunks of iron...I'll post pics of everything I find when I get done searching the field:D

...yesterday for a few minutes...I think there use to be either 3 small buidings or 3 family plots(I belive the land use to be part of the local cemetary)

I found a Buffalo Nickel about 6 inches down and a class ring about the same dist. down.....I wasn't there very long and was just walking and swinging...not going very slow and not in a particular pattern:roll:...I plan on going back and doing a more thorough search when I have more time:yes:

Here's some pics...:D

View attachment 49089

View attachment 49090

View attachment 49091

View attachment 49092[/ATTACH]

Thanks for lokking!! HH!!

Nice finds just love the ring im still waiting to find one ....hh

maby im crazy but i see a 92 on the class ring. its on the pics left side below the eagle facing verticle. pennywise

FINALLY got back to the park.....found 85cents in clad, a LOT of beaver tails....a little piece of metal with a Brontasaurus stamped into it....and 2 1944 nickels one S & one D mint mark:D

Then went to a lot near the theatre and found a 5 dollar bill on the ground:lol: and a Hero lock and 11 cents clad:D

Back
Top Bottom