I almost passed on this one

Way to go Deeper! 👍
I have also never found a large cent in Wisconsin .
The highly coveted Oldest Wisconsin coin contest is also something I dream at night about winning .
Very sweet!
, Dew

As a fellow Wisconsinite, I too know the rarity of LCs in our great state. Killer find and in great shape too!

The Braided Hairs are my favorite LCs and I would probably pass out of I found one here haha

She's a beauty!!! Congrats!
I would love to find one some day! My buddy found two on our trip to PA. They were his first and I was happy when he found the first, but jealous after the second!
Awesome find! [emoji106][emoji3060]

Here's another testimony from Wisconsin: Large cents are indeed a rare find in WI, and I have not yet found one either.
That 1847 has nice, clear details left on it too! Better shape than many of the wheaties I dig.
So huge CONGRATS!

That is a fantastic recovery Jim. As you well know finds like Large Cents don't come everyday here in Wisconsin so when it does happen there is cause to celebrate. Congrats on digging a nice one and in taking the lead on in the Wisconsin's Oldest Coin Contest. Trapper

Large Cent

That's a sweet looking old coin you got there. The date is very visable. Wow that would be nice to dig one of them. I have hunted the ski lifts here in CA and the tractors that groom the hill bend the heck out of a lot of coins. I found a LC in CA, but I could not quit make out the date, I think 1818?
HH everyone

Very nice...that's on my bucket list as well

I would have called that a half dollar based on the numbers on the Nox...

How deep was it?

Holy smokes! I am heading to Milwaukee for work for a couple days tomorrow. First timeI have visited. I flipped a coin (figuratively) over packing the detector or catching a Brewers game. I opted for the latter but you are making me want to reconsider! Killer find.

Back
Top Bottom