Page# 3,UPDATE,UPDATE,UPDATE....Platinum & Gold & Big Diamonds too!

Awesome Story

Great story - very inspirational. Hope to do such a good deed some day and it might be nice to find a little extra token while going about it!

Keep up the great work - you give us THers a good name:yes:

Mauirat

As everybody else has said: What an awesome story. I have found three Craig's List rings this year for couples. The feeling is amazing!!! WAY TO GO!!!

Hey man!

Thats awesome! I bet that got your heart racing! Not a bad reward either ;) Congrats on the 76 rings! Almost to a hundred for the year, keep it up!

I ran across this thread today while looking through some old, amazing finds...this is such a wonderful story that I thought I should bring it back to LIFE!!!

First and foremost, we offer our eternal gratitude to Jan + Kerry for answering our craigslist ad, driving to Lake Tahoe and of course for finding our ring. If we had any idea how to send karma points we would send tens of thousands of them. We have to be honest, we turned to craigslist as a last ditch effort after calling several rental metal detector agencies in the area looking for someone to help us with little luck. Needless to say, we had really low hopes and low expectations that there were people out there who would actually help us find our ring out of the goodness of their hearts (and of course, as we now understand...for the love of your sport). Thank you, thank you, thank you Jan + Kerry. As we said on the beach, you were part of the fifth happiest day in our lives so far (preceded only by the day we were engaged, married, had our daughter and then our son). Should you ever find yourselves back in Portland, please know you will have two very grateful hosts!
You are a beautiful couple. Congrats on a great ending to that stressful event when you lost the ring. I know you both lost some sleep. I hope to some day help nice people like you both.

BY far The BEST story posted here yet!
Good on you Janster!!!:yes::yes::yes:
That is AWESOME! so cool the owners posted here as well!
I feel like printing this out and carrying it w/ me and any one who EVER looks at me funny for detecting would be made to read it!
This hobby is good in so many ways, often so misunderstood

This is an awesome story and deserves a 2nd go around.
My 1st time reading it. Dunno how I missed it. I scour the forum almost daily looking for tips, sites etc....

Congradulations on finding the ring for the couple. You can be very proud of what you did for them. I am sure you made them so happy, if anyone says to them they lost a ring they will refer you. Its a great feeling when someone shows that much apreciation for your effort to find something for them. What detector did you use on the hunt? I am the same kind of person as you. I would be very happy to help someone recover their lost ring. I heard a story likke that when detecting one day stopped and talked with a woman edging her sidewalk. She told of a woman who got mad at her boyfriend and threw his ring and a guy offered to find it for her. She had told him he wasn't likely to find it , because many had been all over the park with detectors . He got the general location and found it for her. I like hearing good endings to those stories.

White's M6 Mike

Man! I am speechless! What a great story!:yes: And was a class act for them to post their thanks on your thread. Just made my day after reading this. You are indeed a special person my friend and a credit not to just all us MDers, but the human species as well. I say, "Well Done Sir. Well Done!":goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom