My junk jewelry

X

Xray

I've found lots of junk jewelry in my slightly more than a year of detecting. Along with being a coin vacuum, the 250 is no slouch at recovering nearly worthless jewelry either. Most of it I never post, unless I happen to find something worth posting with it. The vast majority was found in woodchip playgrounds. A few of these nearly gave me heart attacks when I first found them , so now I am in the habit of assuming whatever I find is fake, until proven otherwise.
I used to just toss it all in a general misc plastic tub I got for all my finds that are not exactly prized possesions, but worth keeping nonetheless.
I decided to seperate them and keep them in their own container, so here they are.

Attachments

• 100_1459 (Medium).JPG
    100_1459 (Medium).JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 209
  • 100_1461 (Medium).JPG
    100_1461 (Medium).JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 205
I could see the heart stopping with some of those finds! That is one very nice collection of junk jewelry!

I have to say, finding all those pieces makes for some nice detecting. They may not be the best of the jewelry class, but they sure make the hobby fun! :)

Cfmct-PI said:
Looks like a lot of cheap boyfriends out there to me :lol:

Shhhhh dont tell my wife : Purchased a frog ring for her a couple days ago The bestest of the bunch, not that cheap green plastic kind but that heavy duty stuff, ummmm plastic. :roll:

That certainly is alot of stuff. That ring in the lower right quad looks loke a turqoise (sp?) stone, mabey?

Yup, there are a couple of those finds that would have made me start a little dance anyway. :lol:

Cfmct-PI said:
Looks like a lot of cheap boyfriends out there to me :lol:

Yeah, a dollar store ring, then dinner at Mcdonalds, then a bottle of Boones Farm.
When I was a dating teen, dollar stores weren't yet an option, but Mcdonalds and Boones Farm sure were ... {Or White Castles, for those in the midwest}.

local_coins said:
That certainly is alot of stuff. That ring in the lower right quad looks loke a turqoise (sp?) stone, mabey?

Yeah thats true lc - I guess if it was turquiose, it would be slightly elevated out of the category of junk.
I've actually got quite a bit more, including a couple nice watches, but my daughters have appropriated some of the nicer stuff that happens to fit them [and I'm sure they'll proceed to lose most of that, and some other lucky lunk can find them once again].
Its really amazing how much lost jewelry is out there, precious and junk, on land and in the water.
You figure what we find in our various locations is just a tiny,tiny fraction of whats out there in our cities and states, waiting to be found.

Jesse... I get some many silver rings now I consider them junk ;) I guess I am spoiled from finding gold. :yes:

When you get to the point of considering the gold ones junk Craig, kindly let me know !

I agree Epi, I like the junk too.
I've added about 6 more peices since I posted that, including a gold ring heavy enough to knock out a mule, that would have been worth well over $2,000 had it been real.

Back
Top Bottom