Best relic detectors?

Hi everyone. I’m in the market for a good relic hunting metal detector that I can also use under water. I live in Iowa so the dirt is pretty mild here. I’d like it to be under 600$ but I’d gladly buy a used machine. Any suggestions?

Many of the machines that people told you about don't fit all 3 criteria you asked about.

Think about saving yourself some money and skip the Garrett AT line and look into the Nokta Makro Simplex+.

Hey bro, check out the video in utube has on Bill ladd at a 18th century house using the Simplex+. For $254 or 330 with wirless head phones. A lot of bang for your buck. It's waterproof and some are enjoying relic hunting with it. Sorry I don't have a link. Good luck.
The Nokta Makro Simplex+ has features found usually on high end machines.

Hey bro, check out the video in utube has on Bill ladd at a 18th century house using the Simplex+. For $254 or 330 with wirless head phones. A lot of bang for your buck. It's waterproof and some are enjoying relic hunting with it. Sorry I don't have a link. Good luck.

X2

Coinboy do you want to submerge the whole detector or just the coil and to what depth?

I am X3 on the Simplex, Kruzer/Multi Kruzer or a Nox 600.

Waterproofing the ORX can get tricky and you would have to buy the underwater kit even if you don't submerge the controller and only submerge the coil. XP wireless signals don't travel well underwater.

Coinboy do you want to submerge the whole detector or just the coil and to what depth?

I am X3 on the Simplex, Kruzer/Multi Kruzer or a Nox 600.

Waterproofing the ORX can get tricky and you would have to buy the underwater kit even if you don't submerge the controller and only submerge the coil. XP wireless signals don't travel well underwater.

X4!!

Id like it to be waterproof completely to at least 10 feet, I like hunting rivers and streams. I’m looking at the nokta machines too.

A simplex+ for $330 with wireless headphones or look for a used Multi Kruzer with 10" DD coil, wireless headphones, 3 frequencies, more adjustability and choices of coils for little more money. OK,,, I have one listed for sale in the classifieds... 😁 PM me.

The Nokta Makro Simplex and Kruzers both have the vibration feature for underwater detecting and for the hearing impaired. I have used it on my Racer 2 and on a Kruzer I tried out last year. It works great.

Jeff

I’m leaning towards a used AT Max

I'm a relic hunter with 4 detectors, Minelab, XP, Whites, and the AT Gold is the only one I double for fresh water hunting, love the little coil, and performed good in colonial sites too. My buddy hunted with me using the AT Pro in the water and dealt with chatter, and the bigger coil wasn't doing him any favors either. I'd say keep leaning AT Max or Gold.

Back
Top Bottom