View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 12:50 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Soil Surgeon View post
Congratulations on persevering and getting more finds from that great spot .
Thanks! It's pretty wild that this one big pile of old dirt has turned out a small handful of coins, and that included two barbers, two buffalo, and some wheaties. More good coins than clad and barely any junk. I guess that's due to the original depth of that dirt. If I go back and find a Barber quarter then I wouldn't blame somebody for not believing me. That's not going to stop me from keeping an eye on it and trying!

Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View post
Good play by play. I never get tired of barbers and buffalos, even if super-kissed by the ground ! Heck, our coins wouldn't be half as fun if they came out of the ground candy-apple clean, eh ?
Interesting that the tarnish is exactly the same on both coins. Not sure why because I doubt they're using any chemical fertilizers. But, the soil where they were originally located stays pretty damp.

Minelab Equinox 800; Garrett AT Pro & AT Pinpointer