• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Question about volunteering

Never heard of nextdoor.com. We are more of rural area in NY so probably nobody use it around here or I would think I would of heard of it before.

may have to check into it a little further.

Ray

Check craig's list lost and found for your local area and you may find someone that needs help. I've done it sometimes successfully.

I have been asked twice to look for a lost ring at the beach. Both were easy finds that took longer to get to the site than it did to find the ring

First find was a mans wedding band he had lost the evening before He and his wife would not give up until i accepted a reward.

Second was a young ladies wedding band. Handed her the ring and she said a half hearted thanks and walked off.

Was able to return another ring that a young lady who had gotten married on Saturday, Lost her ring on Sunday and i found it on Monday. She cried.

A heart felt thank you is sufficient reward for me. As long as i know the ring meant something and their expression shows it I am happy.

A few months ago a lady approached while I was metal detecting during a holiday, when she asked me if I lived in Perth, and if I did, if I would be able to come over to here house to look for ring which she lost while reversing out of her driveway. I told here I could come by in a few weeks, and a couple of days ago I did drop by for a quick search.

It turned out she put her ring on the bonnet of her car while she was moving tiles, and when she drove off, she forgot the ring was still on the car. So she thinks the ring fell off while she was reversing, and rolled into a nearby garden bed. She even tested it on a silver ring a few times, and each time it ended up in the garden bed.

So anyway, I did a proper search of the garden bed for about an hour, and it wasn't easy because she lost her ring over a year ago, and since then the rosemary had grown a fair bit. I found a lot of junk under the hedge, but not the ring. She still gave me $100 for my efforts (which I was not expecting), and said she would get someone to trim the hedge right back, and asked if I could come by again in a few weeks. So that's what I'll be doing. She said the ring cost her $22 000 and was covered entirely in diamonds!

It depends. Follow your heart is right. If a friend asks, I happily oblige. I never ask for anything, but they usually pay me in free food:D
Time, effort, expense, conditions, etc. may give reason to ask for something.
If a good permission is possible, no harm in asking about that.

A few months ago a lady approached while I was metal detecting during a holiday, when she asked me if I lived in Perth, and if I did, if I would be able to come over to here house to look for ring which she lost while reversing out of her driveway. I told here I could come by in a few weeks, and a couple of days ago I did drop by for a quick search.

It turned out she put her ring on the bonnet of her car while she was moving tiles, and when she drove off, she forgot the ring was still on the car. So she thinks the ring fell off while she was reversing, and rolled into a nearby garden bed. She even tested it on a silver ring a few times, and each time it ended up in the garden bed.

So anyway, I did a proper search of the garden bed for about an hour, and it wasn't easy because she lost her ring over a year ago, and since then the rosemary had grown a fair bit. I found a lot of junk under the hedge, but not the ring. She still gave me $100 for my efforts (which I was not expecting), and said she would get someone to trim the hedge right back, and asked if I could come by again in a few weeks. So that's what I'll be doing. She said the ring cost her $22 000 and was covered entirely in diamonds!

It could have slid down behind the bumper. Get a cheap ring and duplicate the motion of the car. I bet it would slide.

Back
Top Bottom