Swing speed on the Vanquish.

tinsmith

Elite Member
Was watching a video on the Vanquish 440 or 540 something, video done in the UK. Obvious accent on guy. Anyway I noticed you can swing faster than my current and only detector, the Minelab Xterra 705. That's my only issue with the 705 , you need to go slow. About a foot a second. I've always had the urge to speed it up a little. Then the fact that I enjoy using my 6" Digger coil better than the other 10 inch coils I have. I don't cover much area.
So the Vanquish looked like our friend in a UK field could do at least twice the swing speed as my current machine. That and I really like the multi freaks without tweaks thing that thing has going. Not to sure about that Red color though. Someone at Minelab probably said; " Hey lets use Minelab red on this Detector, it'll be recognized across the field or beach. "
Anyone looking to try another machine without breaking the bank should also give that Simplex+ a good look. Thats a nice little tector for the price. Saw that video too! So overall I may one day get one of these new tectors out there if only to increase my swing speed. Right? Going slow, real slow in high trash and multi coin signals is needed to separate and pluck those goodies outa the junk but in the meantime getting some area done like heading into a field is painfully slow sometimes with my current machine. 705 is so dang smooth though. Another detector for a low price may be the ticket?

I wouldn't mind trying the new v out. The 705 is such a pleasant detector to use I'll never get rid of mine. I don't find it too slow if you run it in what is labelled "all metal" and use two or three tones.

I want one!!! Didn't see it as a good machine at first buy I definatly like that vanquish 540 pro pack .I like the 5x8 alot.That coil is great on the at pro,and haven’t seen another 5x8 from anyone until now.
The vanquish has auto tracking ground balance..Now,I know fbs has a running ground balance that seems exceptionally good, hopefully the vanquish does too.I know the nox seemed better to me with gb manually.
I like the red color and I think all backlighting should be red,just makes it nicer than white..I also like the vanquish folds up small,that’s a great feature. As for the frequency it uses,or what frequencies it uses,,unless Minelab comes out and says what’s going on it’s just opinion.
.The wireless headphones and extra coil does make the pro pack nice.be interesting to see the roll out of this machine and how well it does in th field..

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind trying the new v out. The 705 is such a pleasant detector to use I'll never get rid of mine. I don't find it too slow if you run it in what is labelled "all metal" and use two or three tones.

Maybe that's what I need to do also. I usually run "Allmetal" but always use multi tone. All tones to listen for those harmonic changes in tone to ID trash. I do like the 705 too. Wouldn't get rid of it either. Maybe I'll try less tones. Never changed it from 99 and tracking Ground balance.

The vanquish is an Ace 400 on steroids! I would buy one if I already didn't own an Equinox.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom