• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

there's gold in them thar volleyball courts

randy

Forum Supporter
Poked around an old house foundation in the woods that dates to the 1700s, and got totally skunked. Then hit a tot lot and managed to pull all of a quarter and a zincoln. Swung thru some volleyball courts and scored this beauty. Rang solid between penny and nickel. Had a good feeling about it before even digging. First gold for me.

Attachments

• 082008.jpg
    082008.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 516
That's a good lesson for us, Randy. Who'd of thought? But when I think about it, volley ball requires a lot of flailing hands and if a ring is loose, it'll go flying during v.b. When I go to the beach, I'll definiitely check the v.b. area.

Very Nice! Your first is always a thrill.. I've never had any luck but always search them. You did well..

Bruce

Eexcellent! I'm getting curious about the depth of finds people are making. Do you recall how deep the ring was? Oh, and what's your gear? I didn't see it in your profile.

The ring was just under the surface. The quarter in the tot lot was at 6 inches. I'm swinging the Ace 250.

Volleyball

Great find Randy gotta love the gold we have been on a jewelry dry spell but the clad has been generous found over $17 yesterday in about 4 hrs God Bless and good hunting Chris Rammy and the boys

Glad you found gold!
But I can't say I like it...... it is the same kind of wedding ring my EX husband had.
Oh wait I could pretend he was the one who lost it and be very very happy for you!:lol::lol::lol:

Good going - gold is great. I have had a lot of luck at VB courts over the years. Here in the s west they are used year round, steve in so az

Back
Top Bottom