Aviano / North Italy

As your coming up the AP highway from flightline towards Aviano, on your right is the place you go to pick up your pov, [aviano industrial area] as you come out of the industrial area, with pov pick up on your right, it will come to a circle, turn right, about 500 ft down on the left is a Roman site, they excavated it and covered it back over early 2000. try pasting this into google 46° 3'55.85"N 12°36'25.88"E

Yes, i used to hump the river beds for hours, lots of houses and things have washed out..be careful with ammo and stuff

Hello guys, sorry if I didn't reply till now, but I had some problems with the log in information.

thanks for the information. I have seen a few people comment about being here. you're the first I've actually talked to that was here. I'm trying to get ahold of Haris who is a Italian local to aviano. apparently he may still have a md shop in town but I've yet to find it with all its side streets.

I'm unsure which area you're referring to (historical roman area) Me and the wife just moved here a month ago for work. Get 3 years to look forward to. :grin: are you talking about the fields near base when you're heading into the town of aviano?

I took the dogs hiking up the riverbed and into the mountains near what appeared to be a quarry. Lots of wooded areas around there, w some open fields and what look like really old home sites, judging by the paths leading to them and the fact that the open field in the woods seemed like too much of a coincidence.

Ok he reached you....if he is busy then hit me up I am in Vicenza for now

Sure thing, I have another buddy stationed in Vicenza.
Add me in fb : Haris Bozhnjaku

Hi everyone! Sorry I have largely been buried in work the past year; I actually spent 1/3rd of it on work travel. This weekend I finished my degree so I am finally able to spend some time actually living in Italy before I move again this fall.

Next weekend I may have free but after that I am taking some much needed vacation. Looking to do some solid all-day farm field detecting if anyone has some pre-arranged permissions.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

As your coming up the AP highway from flightline towards Aviano, on your right is the place you go to pick up your pov, [aviano industrial area] as you come out of the industrial area, with pov pick up on your right, it will come to a circle, turn right, about 500 ft down on the left is a Roman site, they excavated it and covered it back over early 2000. try pasting this into google 46° 3'55.85"N 12°36'25.88"E

Yes, i used to hump the river beds for hours, lots of houses and things have washed out..be careful with ammo and stuff
Just saw this. Yes, I actually did a riverbed survey with the Italian Army and ordinance parts were found even during the quick survey. Some of the area is restricted as it is used for live fire exercises!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

id like to tag along with you guys. never been detecting. looking to get in on a trip around the local area and see how you go about doing it.:D

I will be in Florence from 38 MAR until 6 APR and would love to meet up wtih you guys for a hunt or two.
I will have a rental car and I'm willing to drive.
Let me know!

Back
Top Bottom