At Pro Warning..

Lightningjack

Forum Supporter
Just thought I'd warn all you At Pro owners not to open the battery compartment with the machine standing up straight, once you take the battery cover off to change the batteries the battery pack will fall straight out & hit what ever is below, which in my case happened to be my tile floor.. Now I have electrical tape holding the battery pack together after it fell out & broke.. So take my advice & lay the machine flat when changing the batteries..:yes: It happened so fast I didn't have time to react..

I was hoping there was going to be some sort of electrical shock accompanied by a video with this post :lol:

Thanks for the warning, I would contact garrett and let them know, maybe they'll give you a new one ? And redesign that part

if you call garrett they WILL send you out a free battery holder, i've got a few backups from them in the past.

I did that the first time I changed batteries, thought it was attached to the outside piece you turn, and out it fell. Luckily, it fell on some clothes and didnt get damaged. I also found out there is a right and wrong way to insert the battery pack...and a right/wrong way to put on the outside piece. If there is a wrong way of doing anything, I will find it!

I sure wish they would make manuals to explain all these things, oh yeah, they did...:lol:

I did that the first time I changed batteries, thought it was attached to the outside piece you turn, and out it fell. Luckily, it fell on some clothes and didnt get damaged. I also found out there is a right and wrong way to insert the battery pack...and a right/wrong way to put on the outside piece. If there is a wrong way of doing anything, I will find it!

I sure wish they would make manuals to explain all these things, oh yeah, they did...:lol:

Ya!! After about 10 hunts I've only had to change mine 3 times & the battery holder fell out all 3 times, the first 2 times were in the field in soft grass & the 3rd time happened to be at home on the hard floor.. You think I would have learned after the first couple times it happened..:lol:

I got the AT Pro 2 weeks ago and I don't know yet how to even get to the batteries, manual not the best. Plus the manual is not very clear on a few points like adjusting the arm chuff. I thought it said just remove the one screw and SLIDE it over. Wrong. The upper part actually goes through the handle and has to come out and re-inserted in the other set of holes. I didn't get that from the manual.

JC

Whoa, hold on a second. We are men here. I have NEVER known a man that reads the manual.

The ladies on this site would probably back me up on this.

I have been known to go by the initials RTFM.:laughing:

Just thought I'd warn all you At Pro owners not to open the battery compartment with the machine standing up straight, once you take the battery cover off to change the batteries the battery pack will fall straight out & hit what ever is below, which in my case happened to be my tile floor.. Now I have electrical tape holding the battery pack together after it fell out & broke.. So take my advice & lay the machine flat when changing the batteries..:yes: It happened so fast I didn't have time to react..
I can't believe you would post this. Now the next time a thread is started where we are all disagreeing which detector to buy, "they" now have one flaw on our detector to use against. Thanks alot. ;)

I wrote UP on a little piece of paper and taped it to the top of my battery holder.

If there is a wrong way to re install some part I'll find it on the first try. :roll:

I can't believe you would post this. Now the next time a thread is started where we are all disagreeing which detector to buy, "they" now have one flaw on our detector to use against. Thanks alot. ;)

I posted this a year ago just to help... :grin:

I am joking, kinda refering to the thread we both posted on titled "Need Help Finding The Right Detector". I think it's funny how some of the threads go back and forth with brand opinions.

Whoa, hold on a second. We are men here. I have NEVER known a man that reads the manual.

The ladies on this site would probably back me up on this.

I have been known to go by the initials RTFM.:laughing:

Manual...it comes with a manual....?

I first try with it I thought it was broke. The iron audio was on and this strange sound wouldn't stop. It sounded like a "light saber" from Star Wars. I'm like great...it's broke. I ended up getting help here on the forum.

Some tip like "....try turning the iron audio off." I'm like....what?

Got that little book out called the MANUAL. I still feel stupid about it!:yes:

Wow this same thing happened to me! My pack broke but still works.

Here's what I want to know..

How the in the H.E-double hockey sticks do you open the battery compartment with cam locks in the way?? I have to partially dis-assemble the machine by unscrewing the camlock and breaking the machine down to get clearance to open the compartment and change batteries. Is this normal? If so, It's the stupidest design I have ever seen....

I found a website selling the old style shafts without camlocks and I am going to buy one, because the camlock setup is so annoying and useless.

Back
Top Bottom