• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Warning!!!!!!!

Janster

Forum Supporter
Do NOT do what I did. I sold a Coil and shipped it USPS Priority w/o insurance or tracking #. Neither was requested/ or paid for, but IF I make any further sales I will ALWAY have at least a Tracking #. I am hoping it just got routed wrong and will show up. Just an FYI Guys~ n ~Gals

think positive, it will show up, bad weather can cause delivery delay.

but in general tracking/insurance/make the person sign for it are usually the safest. if the price i

I have shipped both ways, insured to the max, and without any.

I *only* ship FedEx. More money but I know right where my item is at all times. Never have had a problem.

Something like that happened to me about 6 months ago. Sold a small gold bar on ebay and mailed it at the PO and got the cash register receipt. Guy filed a claim with ebay saying he never got it. Ebay sided with him, despite the receipt showing his zip code.

Now it's ALWAYS insurance and delivery confirmation......BTW, package delivery rates by the USPS are going up in April, I think.......NOT first class postage.

Dusty

Dusty

I recommend 1000 detectorists gather together.....dig 1 large communal hole...and deposit all the people like your gold bar buyer.

And remember folks.....always cover your holes!!!!!

"The bozo cost me $135!!"

And I would bet a dollar to a donut hole he has the gold bar. Several of these con artists have been working ebay... saw it mentioned on my coin forum too. RickO

I am a Posta Worker who has seen and heard it all. If you don't use some sort of tracking, insurance, delivery confirmation, certification etc. when the package gets delivered, which it probably did, the person receiving the goods just has to tell you he never got it and there is NO proof of delivery, then your out the cash. If the carrier says he delivered it, the person receiving it just has to lie and say he got a package from someone else and that wasn't the delivery you sent, well your still out. You learn the hard way. I am not saying that everyone is dishonest out there, but to be on the safe side get Delivery Confirmation to track the package, especially if it has value. Don't keep your hopes up too high especially if from the time you mailed it until now is more than 2 weeks. You will probably never see that package again. Good luck.

Something like that happened to me about 6 months ago. Sold a small gold bar on ebay and mailed it at the PO and got the cash register receipt. Guy filed a claim with ebay saying he never got it. Ebay sided with him, despite the receipt showing his zip code.

Now it's ALWAYS insurance and delivery confirmation......BTW, package delivery rates by the USPS are going up in April, I think.......NOT first class postage.

Dusty

There are no rate increases approved for the Post Office, but UPS and FEDEX went up again. All rate increases have to be approved.

I am a Posta Worker who has seen and heard it all. If you don't use some sort of tracking, insurance, delivery confirmation, certification etc. when the package gets delivered, which it probably did, the person receiving the goods just has to tell you he never got it and there is NO proof of delivery, then your out the cash. If the carrier says he delivered it, the person receiving it just has to lie and say he got a package from someone else and that wasn't the delivery you sent, well your still out. You learn the hard way. I am not saying that everyone is dishonest out there, but to be on the safe side get Delivery Confirmation to track the package, especially if it has value. Don't keep your hopes up too high especially if from the time you mailed it until now is more than 2 weeks. You will probably never see that package again. Good luck.

It has been ONE week as of today! All I have is a receipt ( proof of mailing) the package out. I ask for USPS MO's and that way when I head to the PO I can cash it and send the package at the same time. I am still hopeful that it will show up! What are the chances of someone ( even IF the stole it ) needing the exact same item I sold, let alone know what it is for? As of yet I still have faith in HUMANITY!

A reciept at the post office doesn't really prove much, yes you mailed it but theres no proof of worth of the package unless you insure it. Otherwise people would mail empty boxes and put claims on them. There was a girl who had a lamp on ebay, someone bid about $150 for the lamp when the lamp was damages due to poor wrapping she put a claim in on it and when we asked her for a receipt for what she paid for it, it was only worth $15 and she tried to say that someone bid $150 for it, well, her claim was paid in the amount of her original purchase receipt. So she lost out on the extra money because she didn't wrap it safe enough. Most times the Post office insures for loss and not all the time damage because of the way people insufficiently wrap there packages.

P.S. there is a proof of mailing that there is a charge for, the receipt isn't always that.

It has been ONE week as of today! All I have is a receipt ( proof of mailing) the package out. I ask for USPS MO's and that way when I head to the PO I can cash it and send the package at the same time. I am still hopeful that it will show up! What are the chances of someone ( even IF the stole it ) needing the exact same item I sold, let alone know what it is for? As of yet I still have faith in HUMANITY!

I mailed a very small package from San Antonio Tx to a town in Louisiana just across the state line........300 miles at most. It took 17 days to get there. My buyer on ebay kept the faith, though.

Dusty

Dont get me started on eBay/Paypal these days. eBay is no longer cheaper than any other website. Look at it, everything is RETAIL or higher on their these days. If you're a seller, you have NO protection. Everything on ebay and paypal is now buyer protection. I had to wait weeks for paypal to release 'holds' that were supposedly to protect the buyers until they left positive feedback. so stupid I stopped the whole ebay thing.

But yes, he probably received it and is trying to get his money back. I'd say to those people, tough luck, better luck next time. Especially if I have receipts showing it was sent.

ALWAYS send priority (del. confirm included) and insure it at THEIR expense.

A reciept at the post office doesn't really prove much, yes you mailed it but theres no proof of worth of the package unless you insure it. Otherwise people would mail empty boxes and put claims on them. There was a girl who had a lamp on ebay, someone bid about $150 for the lamp when the lamp was damages due to poor wrapping she put a claim in on it and when we asked her for a receipt for what she paid for it, it was only worth $15 and she tried to say that someone bid $150 for it, well, her claim was paid in the amount of her original purchase receipt. So she lost out on the extra money because she didn't wrap it safe enough. Most times the Post office insures for loss and not all the time damage because of the way people insufficiently wrap there packages.

P.S. there is a proof of mailing that there is a charge for, the receipt isn't always that.

Correct. The receipt does prove that I sent it through the USPS. It is not my problem now. I just feel bad that it has not yet been delivered after one full week!

usps

I use UPS 1st,Fedex 2nd,the post office is the worst,they are getting ready to close buildings down,your package probally got lost, or ripped off,hope it makes it,i know what you mean i just sent back 2 returns,the company chose usps,i didn't even get a reciept for the packages i sent back,thats baloni,Earl

..this is the first time I have had any issues w/USPS and I still believe the package will turn up. It was sent out after ML King day and w/the terrible weather back east I think its still in the system!

I use to ride the bus around christmas time one year ago, with all the UPS workers too. All I will hear them talk about was who stole what that day. And how to look for the good packages. Like it was Free christmas presents for all. That was around chicago IL.

Back
Top Bottom