• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

warning

Dr. Jones

I don't know if this is something I should share, but I will and I hope it keeps people safe. Going to a random place with all your goodies to meet a perfect stranger is not a very safe thing to do. Always try to cover your back, even if it's just writing the plate number of the car the other person drives. Don't assume that everyone has a real claim of a lost item. I am not trying to scare anyone, just trying to keep your eyes open. If a crook seen this website, he could get some free stuff delivered to the spot of his choice. Try to bring someone with you on your hunt. Don't meet after dark, even with streetlights in a parking lot. Just make sure you use your heads out there. Thanks for your time. Any input or comments welcome.

This is very good information and thank you for posting. At the same time, not everyone is a bad person and out to do bad things. You are right however. It is a very good idea to keep your wits about you. Leaving information about your whereabouts as well as who you are contacting/meeting. Taking a moment to jot down a car plate number and a brief description of your contact and leaving it in your car. A picture from your cell phone can give a lot of details that you won't remember. Always be safe!

Also must consider the thoughts of the person, possibly a lady, or even a man, that is asking for someone to come out of the "web" to assist them finding valuables. Take the time to make sure everyone is safe and feeling good. We're sharing a good thing with the way this has gone and it's something to protect.

Right before Christmas there was a realtor around here who was showing some rural property to a couple of "interested" guys. They robbed him and stole his car as well. He had a long walk home.

Dusty

If they won't meet you at the local coffee shop, then you don't meet them. If they decline, then you insist. Never meet them at your home, or their home. The craig's list robbers are proof of that. Always meet in public, around lots of people. This does not include parking lots. Get inside, where you are on camera.

I am always armed... just makes no sense not to be. Being armed, for me, also means being highly trained, which, I am. I do not encourage people to simply possess a weapon... training is mandatory - in my opinion. RickO

It's an unfortunate reality of our times, but the choice is simple: either choose to be a victim, or don't. Get trained, get permitted, get armed. The end result is MDing with peace of mind and a better quality of life. :grin:

-Tony

Back
Top Bottom