Friendly Metal Detecting Forums

Friendly Metal Detecting Forums (https://metaldetectingforum.com/index.php)
-   Coinshooters and Relic Hunters (https://metaldetectingforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Went to the park ... (https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=40788)

SueLue80 12-31-2009 07:03 PM

Went to the park ...
 
5 Attachment(s)
...yesterday for a few minutes...I think there use to be either 3 small buidings or 3 family plots(I belive the land use to be part of the local cemetary)

I found a Buffalo Nickel about 6 inches down and a class ring about the same dist. down.....I wasn't there very long and was just walking and swinging...not going very slow and not in a particular pattern:roll:...I plan on going back and doing a more thorough search when I have more time:yes:

Here's some pics...:D

[ATTACH]Attachment 49088

Attachment 49089

Attachment 49090

Attachment 49091

Attachment 49092[/ATTACH]


Thanks for lokking!! HH!!

Sonny b 12-31-2009 07:11 PM

Nice finds Suelue. I can't find a buff to save my life ugh! Congrats and Happy New Year. HH IN 10.

ohiochris 12-31-2009 07:20 PM

Nice finds, sounds like a good spot.

booker 12-31-2009 08:00 PM

Congrats on the finds

Silversmith45 12-31-2009 08:18 PM

I've found Buffalo nickels, but I've yet to find a class ring.

Don 01-01-2010 11:39 AM

Very Nice!!! WTG!!!

Rudy 01-01-2010 12:00 PM

WTG Sue!

The ring may not be a class ring. Could be a service man's ring. Kind of har to tell from looking at the pictures, but if there is no date and no school name, it most likely is not a class ring.

steve in so la 01-01-2010 12:14 PM

Nice digs - sure sounds like a site to do more in depth hunting. Good luck, Steve in so az

Texpete 01-01-2010 12:52 PM

Good finds SueLue80

That buffalo can be soaked in mineral oil for a few days and cleaned with a tooth pick. Itís a slow process and may reveal a date. If, you have the patience itís worked for me sometimes.

The ring looks as Rudy said Ė HH Texpete

ProPointer 01-01-2010 02:01 PM

Cool finds. Try to buy some Nick-a-date. If thats what its called. I heard it works well to get the worn off date back.

xlt in MD 01-01-2010 03:46 PM

Very nice ring. I think it's Army.

SueLue80 01-01-2010 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy (Post 428683)
WTG Sue!

The ring may not be a class ring. Could be a service man's ring. Kind of har to tell from looking at the pictures, but if there is no date and no school name, it most likely is not a class ring.

That's what I thought too...then I cleaned it a little...it says "High School" around the stone....

HEAVYMETALNUT 01-01-2010 08:35 PM

nice!
 
sue does the arrow inside ring have a letter "U"? if so that stands for uncas they made rings. for them buffalos i use a fine brass bristled brush they sell in the paint dept in Wal-Mart. the nickel is shot so make it look nice at least.here's a few i cleaned using the brush. i don't use the brush on silver or old large cents but nickels don't hold up well underground and this is my method.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=39486
dave

SueLue80 01-02-2010 06:25 AM

I went back today...only got to spend about an hour...my daughter thought it would be fun to wallow( literally) in a puddle:roll: it was like 45 degrees out....anyways.... I got $0.98 in clad, a kwikset key, a junk ring, 2 un-spent bullets( different callibers), a junk pendant, a Tom Thumb name tag (Glen)(we don't even have a Tom Thumb near here...lol), and a couple chunks of iron...I'll post pics of everything I find when I get done searching the field:D

minny minor 01-02-2010 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SueLue80 (Post 428357)
...yesterday for a few minutes...I think there use to be either 3 small buidings or 3 family plots(I belive the land use to be part of the local cemetary)

I found a Buffalo Nickel about 6 inches down and a class ring about the same dist. down.....I wasn't there very long and was just walking and swinging...not going very slow and not in a particular pattern:roll:...I plan on going back and doing a more thorough search when I have more time:yes:

Here's some pics...:D

[ATTACH]Attachment 49088

Attachment 49089

Attachment 49090

Attachment 49091

Attachment 49092[/ATTACH]


Thanks for lokking!! HH!!

Nice finds just love the ring im still waiting to find one ....hh

Beep_Beep 01-03-2010 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SueLue80 (Post 429120)
.my daughter thought it would be fun to wallow( literally) in a puddle:roll:

Sounds like my lil girl thinks shes indiana jones:lol::sweet::sweet:

DigginDoc 01-03-2010 08:55 PM

Nice finds...congrats. :)
Doc

wolf-n-wa 01-06-2010 09:33 PM

Sweet finds good job. WOLF

penny wise 01-08-2010 07:07 AM

maby im crazy but i see a 92 on the class ring. its on the pics left side below the eagle facing verticle. pennywise

SueLue80 01-26-2010 09:12 PM

FINALLY got back to the park.....found 85cents in clad, a LOT of beaver tails....a little piece of metal with a Brontasaurus stamped into it....and 2 1944 nickels one S & one D mint mark:D

Then went to a lot near the theatre and found a 5 dollar bill on the ground:lol: and a Hero lock and 11 cents clad:D


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.