Friendly Metal Detecting Forums

Friendly Metal Detecting Forums (https://metaldetectingforum.com/index.php)
-   Clubs, Hunts, and Events (https://metaldetectingforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   MKE-MDG Milwaukee Metal Detecting Group - 7PM on the 1st Tuesday of each Month (https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=231579)

matmit 05-10-2016 11:44 PM

MKE-MDG Milwaukee Metal Detecting Group - 7PM on the 1st Tuesday of each Month
 
I have been detecting for over 7 years now and have never been to a single meeting.
This is because the nearest club meets about 3 hours away:no:
After speaking with three other forum members, i think there is enough interest to start a club here.

I am sure there are at least 50 forum members within a 30 minute drive.

Please post if you would be interested in getting together one night a month for a bite to eat and some good discussions about detecting.
I know the owner of a Diner in Milwaukee who said we could use their meeting room as well.

Let me know if this is worth my while and I will be happy to head it up!

milco 05-15-2016 09:31 PM

I'm in, keep me posted. Thanks for making the effort Matt!

firewxman 05-16-2016 03:02 AM

I'm in if y'all have me
 
I make it to Milwaukee at least twice a year. It'd be fun to join your group and meet some of y'all. Could a Nebraskan join?

matmit 05-16-2016 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firewxman (Post 2573934)
I make it to Milwaukee at least twice a year. It'd be fun to join your group and meet some of y'all. Could a Nebraskan join?

Absolutely!
Just because it will be meeting in Milwaukee (technically Oak Creek) anybody can join.

The_teacher 05-18-2016 09:54 PM

Obviously I'm on board

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Kennek 05-18-2016 10:32 PM

I would be interested as well.

rluna 05-24-2016 08:57 PM

Count me in....it would be fun and a great chance
for some of us to meet in person, people we have
only talked to on the forums.


.

matmit 05-24-2016 09:05 PM

Meeting Announcement
 
OK,

I am going to contact as many people as I can for our first meeting, please do the same!
It will be on Tuesday, June 7th at 7:00 PM (First Tuesday of the month).
Location to be most likely Oak Creek Diner on 13th Street just north of Rawson.
Very informal, bring something for show & tell.
Hope to see you there:D

milco 05-31-2016 06:46 PM

Would love to be there, but I'll be at a Brewer game event that evening.

matmit 05-31-2016 08:19 PM

Come one, come all, bring a friend!
I will have several door prizes and I think we have at least 6 guys attending so far:D

firewxman 06-02-2016 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matmit (Post 2583710)
Come one, come all, bring a friend!
I will have several door prizes and I think we have at least 6 guys attending so far:D

Ugh. I arrive in MKE on the 8th!

rluna 06-03-2016 11:52 PM

Are spouses welcome? :)


.

matmit 06-05-2016 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rluna (Post 2585609)
Are spouses welcome? :)


.

Great question, never even thought about it, but of course!
Anybody interested in detecting:yes:

rluna 06-05-2016 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matmit (Post 2586828)
Great question, never even thought about it, but of course!
Anybody interested in detecting:yes:

Ha ha, I never asked if spouses who were interested in detecting could go.

Especially since I dont know anyone who detects, who's
spouse is interested in detecting... lol

I dont know, not that a spouse would want to come but I just thought I'd ask :)


.

matmit 06-10-2016 06:29 PM

Thanks to everybody for coming out, we had 6 guys and spent about an hour and a half talking detecting!
Hope to see more of you next month.
We will shoot for the second Tuesday of the month, due to Independence Day.
Details to follow:D

rluna 06-10-2016 09:22 PM

It was great meeting a few detectorist I haven't met before.

Good stories all around too!!

Thanks for getting this together Mat.....you guys wont want
to miss the next one, it was a lot of fun!


.

Dewsweeper894 06-17-2016 03:50 PM

Looks like an hour and a half drive for me to the south side . I am willing to make appearances as a guest speaker or to sit at the autograph table .
There is the small issue of my fees ...
I'm thinkin a pre 65 US dime or possibly a cold malted beverage . Are there breaded cheese curds available?
What about a Sheepshead table?

matmit 06-19-2016 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewsweeper894 (Post 2593515)
Looks like an hour and a half drive for me to the south side . I am willing to make appearances as a guest speaker or to sit at the autograph table .
There is the small issue of my fees ...
I'm thinkin a pre 65 US dime or possibly a cold malted beverage . Are there breaded cheese curds available?
What about a Sheepshead table?

Come on down, bring a buddy, split the gas cost:lol:
I'm sure they have cheese curds, and afterwards if folks want to stay and play cards we can.
I will have door prizes and a silver prize just for the person who travels the furthest:yes:

Dewsweeper894 06-20-2016 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matmit (Post 2594341)
Come on down, bring a buddy, split the gas cost:lol:
I'm sure they have cheese curds, and afterwards if folks want to stay and play cards we can.
I will have door prizes and a silver prize just for the person who travels the furthest:yes:

I was kidding about the fees . Just wanted to meet the gang if there is a mailing list or news letter forming put me on it . A brand new club must start somewhere. Let me know if I can help.

milco 06-22-2016 11:59 PM

Of course! I have a commitment on July 12th. Hopefully I will be there in August to join in and meet everyone.........or see you out there lookin' around the city for stuff in the dirt! Thanks Matt!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.